AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:44 pm 

Many thank yous to LJ for the grilling. Early ball worked once again. Good turnout. Good games. Game film achieved.

My name's Dan

Post subject: BBG round 2
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:12 pm 

And now, for the telling of the tale:

(cue Pink Floyd) Time to get uuup!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgGuC0c3DXE

Oh boy. OK. Noon ball. Why do I play this game again? Because it's fun, that's why. And it's what we do.

Pandas have proven amazingly disciplined. I was somewhat tardy at 12:15. Note to Sheriff. If you show up after the draft, you are not drafted, so you may have to wait.

As instructed, I only ate 1 blah burger this time, instead of 2. I was still hungry, but somewhat more effective.

Once again, lotta good playas out there. I think Dan and Scott were captains this time.

I played with Mikey, Dub, Dan, Ronin Steve, little Dave. If memory serves, opponents were Scott, Jess, Ford, LJ, Jared, Joe. And at least at one point a Scully and/or a Wescott.

That's some pretty good teamage out there:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWLkXfNg6ek

We were slightly delayed by another team wanting to play (more on "others" later in the post), but we got in and got to it.

went up 10-5. Then "The Call" happened--a ball that hit close to the limestone(!). Play was done over, but it broke my team's rhythm. Who gives a shit? Calls happen. You play through. But we didn't do that. It took its toll. Got to 11 and froze. Oddly enough, if game film from the last BBG, something similar happened. But this time, we failed to overcome adversity.

Which means you sit out--1 for the 3rd team, 1 for the Indians (while I appreciate that you enjoy the sport, you really picked the wrong day to try it), and then back in, with something of a vengeance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mzcpr5fE018

I'm usually reliable in the front middle, but have been passing piss poor from that position on BBG day. So I was switched to middle back. It worked better.

We also tried a lineup with hitters down the middle, with Dub backing Mikey.

Let's just say results improved.

Teams my old ass has been on won both the BBG Challenges this year.

For BBG round 2, Labor Day, the absolute standout stars were Dub, Mikey, and Dan. Hitter's paradise, and master blasters they were. I just tried to keep up and do my part:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OW8h0KfBb_Q

Death from above! Fire down below!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:58 pm 

We all won today:

http://www.watervolleyball.net/phpBB/po ... ply&t=2595

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:23 pm 

ball was great. thanks to dan and lj for making extra time and moneys and efforts for food. very much appreciated.

note: lets all support dan and get this website paid for and then used. its here for many a good reason.

bbgs were fun. lots of legendary rallies. there was one rally that went for at least a minute and i set edub at least 4 times i ended up sitting on top of dave with edub progressively getting closer to the net from the back row. i can't wait to that on film.

we dealt with teh locals as we should.

hi, how are you

yes, play please.

#&#)%&#(*$#(&$#($&#($&

good game, you guys should play more. thanks for coming out.

always polite in diplomacy and always friendly. let the ball speak.

honorable mention to scotty who fought off a very bad shoulder and still gave it hell.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:29 pm 

Cant wait for the Go Pro footage...

Lost 3 games in the 6 hour plus day of ball...All by 2 pts w/ some legendary rallies...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:03 pm 

My name's Dan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 5:28 pm 

I have received some GoPro footage from Scully. Here is a some of it!

<object width="960" height="540"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/Zogb6kF1DgE?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/Zogb6kF1DgE?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="960" height="540" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 5:44 pm 

good job danny!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 6:13 pm 

<object width="960" height="540"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/IzFmV5-xQ0w?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/IzFmV5-xQ0w?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="960" height="540" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 6:37 pm 

<object width="960" height="540"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/rnsdmcRFFvA?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/rnsdmcRFFvA?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="960" height="540" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 8:02 pm 

LJ Cam made me LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7G6pDqzpmW8

8) :partyman: :hilarious:

My name's Dan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 12:23 pm 

<object width="960" height="540"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/7G6pDqzpmW8?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/7G6pDqzpmW8?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="960" height="540" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

<object width="960" height="540"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/G7VKxvTlUns?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/G7VKxvTlUns?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="960" height="540" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 7:56 pm 

More GoPro footage has surfaced :P

<object width="960" height="540"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/SHNTQnGOt34?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/SHNTQnGOt34?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="960" height="540" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

<object width="960" height="540"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/PDKhog2SloE?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/PDKhog2SloE?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="960" height="540" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 12:38 am 

I love me some Go Pro footage! Awesome! Totally awsome!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 4:04 pm 

Taz's footage is like listening to an Orc or Ogre from Lord of the Rings commentating...Hilarious...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 4:04 pm 

Taz's footage is like listening to an Orc or Ogre from Lord of the Rings commentating...Hilarious...