AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: today's action
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:15 am 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orYBdp5ljS0

Few pandas. Many new players. Lesson for the day--be a fighter, not a punching bag.

There are ways to figure out how. If you want to know more, come back the next day.

Death from above! Fire down below!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:59 pm 

The suck was strong but the waters healed and the ladies were hot!

8)

My name's Dan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:46 pm 

Well, put, Dan!

The scenery is like ice cream. But my mood is never gonna be bad enough that I won't eat the ice cream!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:46 pm 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iQIchIUn84

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:58 pm 

Photos from Sunday

My name's Dan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:04 pm 

Nice photos, Dan. Didn't know any had been taken.

A couple of comments: notice in the first one some of the high class play sitting out while I'm out there warming up. This goes on for an hour, for reasons that partially escape me.

Math is not my strong point, but when you get to 8-10, you play. Given that some of you think scrubs carry Ebola, do you really want to wait until we've got 6 on 6?

My guess is that certain players are trying to wait until there are 3-5 good players they can round up. Better chance of going 3 straight. Well, all good. But you're also slowing things down in a short season.

In the interim, I managed to get in some good passes to Misty and Joe has been stepping up his game, of late.

Also, a bit of a danger in ignoring peeps and choosing to play a certain way, when you don't put up a shirt: as one shirt hanger told me when I pointed out the best available talent, I was told, "You're assuming I want them on my team."

Oh, snap! Apparently there are people out there who care about something other than winning.

On the other side, I advised Drunk Steve to opt me out of a lineup he was planning because he'd already promised a spots to a couple of point guards, and he needed more height and firepower--so it's not all about self promotion.

Not sure what Zombie LJ cares about. Lipping? He was in rare form, and his bad habits appear to be wearing off on Javie (correct spelling), who went through about a 6 pack of giant clamato beverages.

Newsflash! Dub and LJ are brothers, or so Drunk Steve thought.

Several ladies known to the sanders played, and boy can they serve and set.

Despite LJ's protests, I think we hold with 3 and done. Seems to keep things moving and get everyone involved. And I will point out the concept is something that Riata Chief Tbone favors.

Some tall scrubs came in and moved amazingly fast for tall guys, if not well.

I got smoked in a BBG on the good side, around 15-4 I think.

Wings had a good game, and got a nut shot for his efforts when he was out of the pool. Jared's buddy Scottie Pippen needs to learn how to pass more consistently.

I ended up not playing all that much. Games appeared to be only so-so in terms of quality, but it looked like a lotta fun was had. As were jello shots. Lots and lots of jello shots. And vodka being passed around. Might explain the so-so part on quality.

Who has my ball? It will be needed next weekend.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:25 pm 

I agree w/ most of your post...I dont know who this Zombie LJ is, and I dont know when T-Bone became Riata Czar...I have seniority on him by years, and so does Edub...I dont mind the 3 and out rule when it is necessary, but it is not always necessary...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:53 pm 

I've got your ball Chief

My name's Dan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:09 pm 

Tbone has been de facto Chief of Riata for a long time. He won Panda of the Year last year.

To fill in Zombie LJ, who may have seniority, but has been performing a lot like Cricket did in his brief tenure as Chief of Argosy (not there about 70% of the time), it was Tbone who raised the net, largely ending the massive attrition from injuries we've experienced in years past. It's Tbone I've relied on to chase the kids out of the pool.

But for the last 2 years, it's been more like chiefing by committee. Tbone has been almost as absent as LJ, so I've been dealing with Alex, Tim, Misty, and Joe...

Who's the commanding officer here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JInEj95yoUQ

I'm not! I serve at the pleasure of the residents. We've been very, very lucky this year with security.

While I will agree that 3 and bust is not an ironclad rule, it's been my experience that there have been very few times we've been allowed to run it back straight squads, even at the end of the day. That goes to our radar--there may well be people who want to play, many more of them than there have been in years past. We're just not paying attention.

Well, it's my job to pay attention. LJ can overrule me. He has the residency clout. All it takes is the order to do so. And the duty as a resident with the authority to do so to explain to those you excluded your rationale for doing so. Even if that is, "my court, my rules!"

I agree with LJ that BBG, best of 3 is a rationale unto itself. I allowed it once a day at Argosy, after all...