AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Cloudy Saturday
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:35 pm 

Well, games got going, eventually.

I arrived promptly at 3 to find Bruce sleeping poolside.

Apparently Riata is like a box of chocolates...

So I showed up early, and had a pretty lucky victory with Alex & Bruce and a couple other peeps I don't usually play with (I did have Ronin Steve to help out) against the boys I trained.

Went downhill from there. By showing up early I ended up out of the good rote--y'all know what I'm talking about.

And somehow, I ended up playing on the sun side 80% of the time.

The Super Team did well today. Mainly composed of Ford, Jess, Scott, Dan, and Dave, with a couple of guest stars.

Games were tight, not blowouts. So I'm only bitching a little bit.

The important thing about today is that about a half dozen "new" players joined in. They're not actually new, but they don't play that often. The two bald Twin Towers were notable. But slow. Here's my recommendation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7cDQY9wVF8

Back in the day, we also played with a cinder block instead of a volleyball (almost true)--it toughened you up.

Dan got the footage, so he can correct me if I'm wrong, but the games were pretty good today. Vets like Jess can still eviscerate an inexperienced team that doesn't play together at will, but not much can be done about that.

LJ failed to chief today as promised, but did continue to suck. Sir, please start chiefing, and stop sucking. We're both short aging players who are headed for the farm team, but you're playing like you want to be on the children with water wings farm team. Alter your course, sir.

With credit given where credit is due to the aforementioned members of the Super Team, I'm giving a group player of the day to the "bench" players who stepped in and made game possible. Some of them knew my name. I know their faces, but have not given them nicknames yet.

As tough as this is to deal with in combat, pandas, interest and participation = a living breathing league. And everyone's been good about it this year. Especially today.

It is good that this is so, because 4th of July is just around the corner, and you know that that means up there:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeDq_tCCj3o

Oddly enough, in a 6 man pool, it's even more of a team game than it was at the Argosy birdbath. Cohesion and chemistry are more important Harder to cover mistakes. I think I did what I could today, and went like 3-7. What else is to be said or done when you end up in the L column?

Scotty is to blame for the Dragon having a bite today. He demanded it get pumped up.

BTW, who lowered the net? Tbone is going to be an angry neighbor...

Death from above! Fire down below!

Post subject: Misty
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:48 am 

Girls get 2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBfe9uX0Xk0

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:04 pm 

Clouds keep away crowds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:41 pm 

The suck ended July 4th w/ 3 girl team, and w/ domination last Sunday...Oh, it also coincided w/ being Lippy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:45 pm 

Lookie here, Lip is born again hard, albeit a month late on his commentary. And a dollar short thus far this season in his promises of chiefing Riata on time and ship shape in Bristol fashion.

Other residents have stepped up in his absence, but they are kinder gentler scrub huggers. I have to go with the flow.

Dan would probably agree that you cannot dictate in abstentia: pay no attention to the Lip behind the curtain!

I personally look forward to serving in the proposed Liptatorship henceforth. Games will probably be better, if more elitist. And Dan will no doubt rue the day he called me a dictator when Lip is back in charge!