AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: WW--the Dubbing
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:11 pm 

The trek is long, the window for play is short, but sweet, and well worth it. Another great WW.

Attendees: Dub, the founder of the feast, Riata Ryan, Beth, Pat, Jared, yours truly, Scott, Dwayne, Dan, Ford, and, drumroll please... Big Shot Rob, for the first time this season!

Started with a 4 on 5: Me, Pat, Dub, Jared against Scott, Dwayne, Riata Ryan, Beth, and Big Shot. I think Dan got in on our side and Ford on the other half way through. Win 15-8

Quickly, quickly, run it back--second verse, same as the first: 15-7.

Let's mix it up: not much I guess, I think Pat switched with Scott, and Beth came over. Another win at around the same margin.

Sadly, no game 4 for me. The sun was going down, and my freaking lights don't work (helpful Pandas suggested taping a couple flashlights to my car!). I have tasked Dan with filling in the details of the game I couldn't play, that was in progress as I rode off into the sunset.

Highlights I saw:

After one stellar performance, Dub struggled the last time he came out with serves and finding the mark with his hits. But this was The Second Dubbing. Would you opponents please stop f-ing with the man's car!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYV5f0Aqo4w

Hardest I've ever seen him hit. He lined up perfect--off the net a bit. That's a lesson, hitters. I'm not as accurate as Tif, the point guard of the year, so I gotta have some space to set. I think the man went 90% on kills, with 3-5 per game, maybe more. Sit down LJ, there's a new old point guard in town doing the Dubmanic duo thing.

In the absence of LJ (unexplained--AWOL--on report), Dwayne filled in as guest Lip.

Jared put in some stunning serves--hot, with backspin.

I myself got 9 points in a row in game 1 to come back from 5-8.

Dan moved with purpose, deployed a turbo palm (palmformers, robots in the palm?), was I think 100% palm accurate for the first time ever, and was also a strong net presence. He wore his signature mustache for the last game.

For having absolutely no trigger time this year, Big Shot did his part. Welcome back.

Loving the turnout and dedication to making the end the season into the playoffs, as it should be. Great players in peak form doing what they do. This is what we strived for. This is SPARTA!

Since the radio was missing today, in honor of TBone:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6S9oqJRclo

Death from above! Fire down below!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:07 pm 

Riata Ryan can pound the ball as hard as anyone nowadays. His skills have greatly improved. I say he's most improved player. And he seems interested in aliens. :alienbeam:

Nice Beth ended the night with a very generous contribution to the AWVP. Check the panda room. :cowbell:

Yes, that turbo palm I deployed was probably my finest palm ever.
:party:

Notable servers were Jared and Edub.

Big Shot Rob at WW!

A few times it was 9 to 11 on 9/11!

It sure is better with T-Bones's radio. Maybe someone could bring a backup radio if it's not too much trouble. Something to think about. The season's almost over.

:whitietightie:

My name's Dan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:54 pm 

You know what happens when a season draws to a close? Fight harder, til there's no more fighting to do, which is exactly what we're doing!

We're at the best form we're gonna be. All games are BBGs, every play and player matters.

And when it's over, time to honor ourselves with an awards ceremony for our efforts. To come together, acknowledge exemplary excellence among excellent pandas, tell tales, sing songs, and remember why it is that we do what we do. In preparation for the next season we do it.

21 years in the league for me. And barely 9 days short of 47 moons. Pandas, I salute you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NePvCT4itTs

Death from above! Fire down below!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:24 am 

<object width="480" height="360"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/RlgYxbtJb1Y?hl=en_US&amp;version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/RlgYxbtJb1Y?hl=en_US&amp;version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

My name's Dan