AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: The glorious post season
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:49 pm 

Welcome to the playoffs, pandas. In the regular season, you'll probably win a third of your games, and lose a third. It's what you do with the other third that's important.

Also, saying healthy enough to fight down the stretch.

We're now to that point of the year where only the high class play remains, and remains hungry.

There were some new people, early on. They gave it hell, but hell is all we have to give back. They stuck around to watch though, and seemed pretty impressed with what was going on out there.l

Which means they were students of the game, because what was going on out there was pretty impressive.

For the most part. As most of you know, I like leading from the start and staying ahead. I don't swing with come from behind. But that's what I was facing throughout. Down 0-5, 0-6, 1-8. Jeez, people, those are some pretty deep holes to crawl out of. I won't even mention the game that will not be mentioned--thanks to Kent for the one point we didn't earn.

Man there were some tall trees out there in the forest today--many amazing hits, but the balls just wouldn't go down--that is characteristic of the post season.

The Dubble struggled on Dub Day afternoon. It happens to the best of us. I can't say I did much today. I think I had one hit (dug) and no blocks. Spent most of the day confused and spinning around. However, I did get in a shoulder shot to field a ball. Riata Ryan, on the other hand, improved vastly from Saturday to Dub Day, with just a bit of coaching from Ford and Mikey.

LJ aptly described Jess's play--reminiscent of when he was MVP, in all aspects. Many fell victim to the moon, though I did not.

Did I mention being down 1-8? Much like on Saturday, my squad managed to drag that game into OT, and pull out a win. And that was all about LJ on the serve finding spots--one spot, in particular. He put it down the Kent hole on a difficult short cross serve for like 10 points, and we pretty much scored all our points when he had the gun.

And, on the philosophical side, though you may find your body in pain, I found my mind at ease, driving home with a purple sunset behind me and twilight clouds to the front. Hoka Hey--twas a good day to fight!

I hear we have a date Wednesday, Pandas!

Death from above! Fire down below!