AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:32 am 

The news from the southern front vexes me. I'm terribly vexed. My hopes were high. Sigh.

But news flash--check this out: for the first time, ever, life at Riata after Neighbor Day.

Live commenting this one--the plan was a good plan:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pixL-g7YJm8

We swept away the perimeter defenses without too much trouble--a Riata team of people who looked like they should be good, but weren't--poor twin Ryan was tryin to make that work.

And everything was going great for me until TBone subbed out for Jess. Did I mention that little Nikki was in command of the Death Star and managed to win like 6 in a row with her team? Probably worth mentioning.

Jared and I drew up a play--give and go from mid front to mid middle. Usually damn deadly. Jared missed em all--negative, negative, didn't go in.

Regroup!

Nasty weather coming in, and getting pretty tired of losing. Pull out the stops. Got in a long back and forth game. Jared ate people up at the net to keep us alive. We came back to make the game go past 15. Gotta win by 2. So into the trenches we go...

For reasons that escape me, people kept serving Jess in the middle, so he could dish out a very deadly Jess-Scotty cross set, often against me. It had been working all day.

Until Jared got angry and decided he was tired of losing, and an old man in a robe appeared to me (wait a minute, that IS me!), and said some things about the Force...

After getting crushed all day, I put a block on Scotty, which didn't end the play, but got us a point--18-17.

"You're all clear, kid, now let's win this game, and go home!"

And that's what happened.

Remember, pandas, the Force will be with you, always...

Death from above! Fire down below!