AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Quick weekend AAR
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:05 am 

Saturday:

Riata Fort Apache Scrubbin just kept on comin. High class play sat for 6 games, no lie, while teams fought about shirts.

Help me, residents! All I could do was offer to let people sub in, or scratch the whole team in anticipation of a BBG.

Most of you saw this already, but it really gives me no pleasure anymore:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FI1ylg4GKv8

It just wastes energy I could use fighting worthy opponents.

On the positive side, might as well write "Jared" on the Riata net. He played very well and with power the whole day.

Also, my experienced team who slaughtered all those scrubs but was a little overmatched against the long waiting super team gave you a run for your money. We were up 8-1, and lost 15-12, 15-12, if memory serves.

Welcome back Tbone! I was annoyed enough with Riata to take a quite welcome break and head to Deer on Sunday. We came up with a plan--cover the pointy plants with non-invasive towels/blankets. Waited out the rain, and son of a gun, had big fun, despite Dan's negativity about basically everything, except spiking on me and dinking. Player of the day was Beth, and quoting her, "good times... good times..."

Speaking of negativity, perhaps I oversold. Deer is not bad. It is playable. New guy Andrew has potential. But please, for the love of ball, raise the net just a little. Scotty dislocated a finger at Riata on Saturday, on a high net. Jethro nearly took out one of mine with a concrete Mikasa today. I know what I'm doing, and an cognisant of risks. But, c'mon, man!

Death from above! Fire down below!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:11 am 

The net's too high. When is somebody going to lower it?

My name's Dan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:02 pm 

here is my AAR of saturday at the riata. let me spell it out for you.... thats me in teh green helmet trying to get into the pool. the bike represent the retardation of the riats folks. riatardation?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:41 am 

Pretty much sums it up. I really have no idea what they see out there. I'm guessing, watching from the sidelines, and maybe having played land volleyball once or twice in their lives, it looks really easy.

And, as we all know, sometimes you lose... bad. It's a fluke. Teams get on a run. But how many times do you have to lose really really bad, before you realize that Riata has not got it?

Credit for wanting to play. Big sad face for not learning anything while doing it. Some of the brighter bulbs are figuring out how to lobby to get on better teams. Usually I offer to sub out so they can do so, and they respectfully decline. So the place is not without honor.

But man, what a train wreck. BTW, I will be without a car this weekend, so I depend on the kindness of pandas to play ball at all.

Death from above! Fire down below!