AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: What's the difference
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:29 am 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Na9-jV_OJI

In theory, Pandas improve their situation. Not under the new regime, which has the distinct advantage of claiming not to exist.

Apparently I taught you poorly. The fault is mine.

Death from above! Fire down below!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:50 am 

IF YOU THINK A SITUATION NEEDS TO BE IMPROVED THEN DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:11 pm 

The funny thing for me is that you've become Republicans. There was a reason I couldn't get people to play on that venue 5 years ago. Wanna know what it was? The NET WAS TOO DAMN LOW.

Now I throw your own ideas back at you, and everything's fine, nothing to see here.

Like I said, I will bring a drill rather than a ball next time, and every time. But, unlike many of you anarchistic bastards, I require official sanction to take action.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:19 pm 

We fight as one, which is what separates us from the barbarians of Carthage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0DxK1ZEMcg

Or did I get that part wrong too?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:50 pm 

Chief wrote:
The funny thing for me is that you've become Republicans. There was a reason I couldn't get people to play on that venue 5 years ago. Wanna know what it was? The NET WAS TOO DAMN LOW.

Now I throw your own ideas back at you, and everything's fine, nothing to see here.

Like I said, I will bring a drill rather than a ball next time, and every time. But, unlike many of you anarchistic bastards, I require official sanction to take action.

I HAD NEVER PLAYED AT DEERFIELD BEFORE THIS YEAR AND I DON'T THINK THE NET IS TOO LOW.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:26 am 

Do you think the plants are pointy, or are they something else you wish to ignore?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:16 am 

What the fuck is your problem? It's not my fucking pool. Why are being such a fucking bitch about things and why do keep treating me like shit? You want some fucking change, quit being a fucking pussy and do something about it. I'm not the person to talk to about making changes to that pool. I don't fucking live there you fucking prick. We tried to find a second venue and we found this one and most people think it's pretty damn good except for you. You're so fucking negative. Your warped mind is punishing us for finding this venue. I bet if you were the one who found it you would think it's the greatest thing but since it was us south siders you think you are entitled to bitch at us constantly from behind your keyboard. How about you step up like a man and really do something about these problems you want to fix?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:16 pm 

<object width="480" height="360"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/EXT0gOk1Ogw?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/EXT0gOk1Ogw?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

My name's Dan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:20 pm 

<object width="480" height="360"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/CPkpPN1rDfw?hl=en_US&amp;version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/CPkpPN1rDfw?hl=en_US&amp;version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

My name's Dan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:16 am 

Look at the potty mouth on Dan!

Your history is a little hazy. Um, I was actually the one who found Deerfield. Years ago, when Serena lived there. Jess (who was and always will be a south sider), Ford, T-2, and Wescott can attest to this fact. Tried to sell it, actually. You know what the consensus was? The net was too damn low. I tended to agree then, and still agree now. My goal was to take some of the pressure off the Argosy, which was overused, and therefore, constantly in danger of going under. I recall getting so much help along those lines...

So I wonder which one of us is afflicted with blindness. Now I'm feeling a little hazy, about your point in this particular tirade. I realize that you are used to me "doing something" about things, and making all the decisions for you, but those days are gone.

My goal when this exchange began was to provide the benefit of my experience and some suggestions to a group of south siders who have "discovered" a place that is "playable," but not exactly ideal, since the same problems exist now that did back in the day, with the unwelcome addition of pointy plants. My hope is that a group of south side players would work together to develop the venue as a group effort.

Instead what I get is "I" (no I in TEAM) don't see a problem, and Chief should STFU. Well, I wouldn't have been so adamant about the subject if I hadn't asked around. Guess what? I'm not the only one who has the opinion that the net is too low. However, even though you don't live there, you seem to speak with a great deal of authority about how I should FOAD.

Seems to me that I broached a couple of subjects that at least might be worth discussing, maybe trying, are pretty non-invasive, and have a certain degree of support based on history, current facts (2 dead balls), and some level of popular support. I have no idea why you think I should do this myself.

It concerns me that you are unable to differentiate between healthy disagreement, your opinion, and what might be good for the league. After all, what's the worst thing that could happen if there was an "option" for the Deerfield net to be raised, and resident Rob humbly entreated management to relocate the plants that killed two balls in one day?

How does pointing this out make me a fascist?

Strikes me that you're preaching the fascism of inaction, which suits you just fine in all sorts of ways, while trying to shut down any dissent. For someone who claims to be just a player, you've been speaking with an awfully authoritative voice from behind the keyboard about what should or should not go on there. Despite the fact that I haven't seen a planning ability that doesn't get you out of a paper sack.

I understand that it's very early on for the new venue, but the first thing that needs to be done, from my irrelevant experience, is to set up a schedule.

Deerfield Sunday, right? Didn't get a single text or see a post on the website about that, not one. And southside Chief Rob was up north. I thought that was a good idea, and a pleasant surprise--introduces him to the fact that there is other semi(!) intelligent life in the universe, and, although I'm somewhat alone on this, that two pools are better than one.

Accusing me of hiding behind a keyboard rather than manning up and fighting is really is a hell of a thing for you to say to me, "Floyd." You know who I didn't see playing today? Creepy, Dan, or Gerald.

You are welcome to the mantle of potty mouthed poopy head. In this instance, the cheese is mine! I fought today, and lost almost every game. But at least I was where the fight was, imperfect venue though it was, and is. But rather than saying STFU about Riata, you haters, I accept that it's far from ideal, and do what I can to make it better.

And, as long as my fading ability allows, I will continue to fight, and continue to do what I have always done--think about ways to make this league better, for when I am no longer a factor.

Feel free to continue thinking about yourself. From your recent meltdown and non-appearance, It seems to be what you're doing best right now. Hopefully I'll see you on the field of battle again if you can transition from browning out in your diapers and get back to wearing big boy pants, at which point I will play just as hard with you as I will against you.

Be seeing you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:15 am 

It was my birthday this weekend and I spent time with my family.

You sir, are a fucking jerk.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:58 am 

Chief wrote:
Accusing me of hiding behind a keyboard rather than manning up and fighting is really is a hell of a thing for you to say to me, "Floyd."

That's probably the rudest thing you've ever said to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:58 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:05 pm 

Chief wrote:
Strikes me that you're preaching the fascism of inaction, which suits you just fine in all sorts of ways, while trying to shut down any dissent. For someone who claims to be just a player, you've been speaking with an awfully authoritative voice from behind the keyboard about what should or should not go on there.

No dipshit. The whole fucking point is that you are complaining on and on about things that you want changed and you are bitching at other people to fix them and you are being a fucking black hearted nitpicking demon from hell about all this. Feel free to improve the venue. It's not up to me to solve whatever problems you have with the place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:22 pm 

Feel free to improve the venue. It's not up to me to solve whatever problems you have with the place.
Feel free to improve the venue. It's not up to me to solve whatever problems you have with the place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:52 pm 

PWNED!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:03 am 

All post and no plan makes Creepy a dull boy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:33 am 

Here's my plan, I'm gonna take those pointy plants and shove them up your ass.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:47 am 

Chief wrote:
All post and no plan makes Creepy a dull boy.

No sir, you are the one who is all post and no plan. Please stop projecting your issues onto me. It is not up to me to solve the problems you perceive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:02 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:21 am 

Well, let's have this on record.

According to Creepy or any of his akas, there are no problems with Deerfield that deserve discussion or scrutiny. Zero, Nada, Zippo. Best of all possible worlds?

That is your testimony?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:50 am 

Chief, maybe you missed this post of mine.

Feel free to improve the venue. I personally propose that we take the pointy plants and shove them up your ass.

Here let me say it again so it will sink in:

Feel free to improve the venue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:01 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:45 am 

Didn't even make a dent, did I?

You're all over the place. Deerfield is your venue, but not your venue. You're telling me I'm free to make decisions there under the DIY philosophy, but are against black ops.

In short, your interminable scrolling inducements, while attractive, because they suggest approval of something I want to do, can or should have no impact on me.

I respect the fact that you will tacitly accept my DIY decision. But I'm pretty sure that's not how things are done in this league anymore, if ever.

We need to talk to Chief Rob about what he wants, and what he's willing to do, or approve.

Perhaps I'd have had more impact if I had approached the subject a different way--I don't want the net raised:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tdGCvGRtEo