AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Winning hearts and minds
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 9:21 pm 

By skill and force of will the Argosy flag flies over the Riata pool.

The security guard held the door open for me when I was coming in on Sunday. Can you believe that???

There are a bunch of new guys up there looking for direction, and who want to play, and most importantly, to learn. They respect our game enough to let me make the rules we play by operative at Riata (can you believe that?). They also detest teams of floating buoys and children with water wings.

One guy is Tim. He can field a team of 6 guys most days. Another guy is Ian. He moved there recently from Cityview, aka Lions Den--tall and can hit if set to. I know because when his team didn't do it for him, I managed to on a save that went straight up into his wheel house.

They realize we're pretty damn good. And they respect that. Hell, there's a first time for everything!

Because there are holes in the lines, I needed to pick up some guys on a team with Creepy and Scott. Creepy set one dude on the front line through two games, and I don't think he failed to get one over. Not the best spikes mind you, but who am I to judge.

Jared has a jump serve this year. Much improved. Creepy and Scott were handing out free tickets to pound town. We had our first Dwayne sighting of the season

Looks like I will be subbing in for Tbone up there for a couple more weeks. I highly recommend we take advantage of the opportunity to travel to exotic lands, meet interesting people, and kill them, and to develop the talent up there.

Because that's what it's all about. Remember when Riata would roll down at the end of the day and try to take us out? That was fun, wasn't it? If we ever have a venue we can call our own, a little best of 3 tournament on the weekend would be fun, wouldn't it? And if we don't end up with a new place to play for a while, all the more important to build good will (with a little pounding thrown in) at the one court that's more available to us than ever before, don't cha think? Because, as we've seen in the past, this could change at any time.

All you gotta do is show up and play. Fun will ensue.

Death from above! Fire down below!