AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: WW
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:43 pm 

For an impromptu day that got off the ground late, this particular incarnation of WW went pretty well. Although something of a late start. I think me and Big Shot were the first ones there to discover--NO NET! NO POLES! Apparently they were roughed up by some thumbless wonders.

Hopefully Riata management does not follow the same logic as Argosy: "Something went wrong. I bet the water volleyball players did it!"

And Dub came through with a net and poles. Turnout was good: Mikey, Dub, me, Big Shot, Scott, Dave, Dan, Jess, Ford, and surprise appearance by Cricket! Dwayne showed up to make it 11. Newsflash: Dan is off IR. Tbone was on IR, but did attend.

We started out with 4 on 4, then 5s, then several 6 on 5 games, a couple played to 21, and the last one in darkness. A couple of rooks joined in the final games to make things extra interesting.

Things I liked: being back on the court again. I love me some water volleyball. Hopefully I will get to play Sunday as well. Although I initially had my doubts, the ball Scotty brought turned into Wonderball when it came to setting and serving. Not good for one hand fielding though. Level of play was up there. Good job by everybody. We have things called rallies, and passing, and play calling. Marvelous. Game speed was fair. Getting out of the mismatch unscathed--somehow the opposition rarely figured out how to set the big boys in front of me (shhh!!!). Winning--did a lot of that... Winning is fun. Only got blown off the court once, as part of the 5 with Ford, Jess, Scott and one of thew guys (reincarnation of the soul hole?)

Stand out play by Mikey, Dub, Dave. I think with Cricket and Jess(?) as the other player(s), me and this squad pulled off a comeback, despite the height.

I'm just no good at remembering the details of the matches anymore. Too many years, too many battles.

With something like 3 weeks to go in the Riata season, I suggest peeps give some serious thought to where we might be able to carve out a few more games while the heat lasts. I suggest that such venues be visited on a rotating basis for no more than a couple of hours (so no playing at 10:30 at night).

That's all for now. Let's hope there's ball for all Sunday.

Death from above! Fire down below!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:41 pm 

Somebody lemme know next time...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:23 pm 

This is why people should use the website more. If we know there is game, post it so people will know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:54 pm 

Chief, did you get message?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:45 am 

Got it! Thanks. I have sent reply. Attention Pandas--we're going to try to do this trip, but I need your assurances that those who embark for the Hot Gates will be on their BEST behavior--eager, relatively sober, and ready for a crack at the Persians. What say you?

Death from above! Fire down below!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:05 pm 

In! :hello: