AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:19 pm 

Yeah, we played in that storm!

Dan's makeup melts in rain and his true alien skin shows through, so he came and went in a hurry.

Those who stuck it out were Dub, Lloyd, Jared & Jen, Jonathan, Big Shot, Scotty, LJ and girls, Monkey the Elder (who is back in town again--welcome!), Pat, Beth, some Riata filler, and yours truly.

In a line that will no doubt be quoted, I predicted that everything would blow over in 10 minutes...

Haven't seen rain like that in a long time, and it was epic to play in it. Amazingly was able to keep things like phones and smokes dry, but the lid was off my cooler, and I had to empty it 3 times cause it filled with water. I was playing in water up to my chest. The Riata pool began to overflow! At some times it was raining so hard you could barely see. We were handicapped by a set of pretty crappy orbs as well, of the beach ball variety.
Speaking of which, Tachikara is missing, although it was going flat. Somebody got it up there?

And of course the most memorable part of all is the burn. I thought last week was bad. Something about all that rain and the chlorine--i don't have a sunburn, I have a pool burn. I heard tell of it from Riata denizens a couple of years back but didn't experience it myself. This time I did. Big Shot's eye swelled shut and I had chlorine burns on my face. You want a bikini wax? Riata's got it! Heard the men suffer more than the ladies, because of ph factor differences between the sexes. Fascinating. Learn something new every day.

Some good ball was played, despite conditions. Scotty was hitting particularly hard. One of his spike hit my shoulder and popped way high in the air, to be fielded by Monkey. Didn't quite pull of the winning streak from the 4th, but my team won its share. For last game, the olds were asked to draft, so Pants chose Scotty and then seemed to get distracted, as some good remaining players fell into my clutches. I think I ended up with Dub, LJ, Jared, Big Shot and a shorty. Still, it was a battle. We got down by a bunch to a couple of servers, and pulled it out 15 13 in the end.

The crowd goes wild, if there was a crowd. Surprisingly, there were a few people who stuck it out in the storm. And decided to get in a fight. Amazing! The only reason to be fighting in the middle of a raging thunderstorm is if you are in 4 ft of water with an orb. Scotty was hoping the girls' tops would come off in the altercation. Boobery? Riata's got it! It also has flooding. Barely made it out on streets that became rivers.

Looks like I'm on limited minutes the rest of this season. The lady of the house likes not ball of any kind. So I'm basically relegated to Sundays only. So as I am stepping down, I hope the rest of ya step up.

Death from above! Fire down below!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:53 pm 

I'm glad we were playing the proper sport!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/ ... story.html

I finally got the chlorine off me by sweating it off at the gym today. Maybe Aleo Vera gel will help if they keep the pool like that.
One thing to remember - bathing suits last much longer if you wash out that chemical crud when you get home.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:38 pm 

I don't play rain ball, especially in a pool full of radioactive chemicals. :moon:

My name's Dan