AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:01 pm 

I was a mighty busy day up there, with many many shirts up. And you know what that means--the victories soon could not easily be counted, and we stacked the bodies of the dead higher than the net itself.

Speaking of dead, Monkey #2 reportedly passed out somewhere. He is on report. If he'd been found by security or the men in blue, it could've proven problematic for the only game left in town.

I made the mistake of jumping right into battle on a pickup squad playing with a beach ball, so I missed out on action vs Super Team #1--LJ, Dub, Mikey representing some of the bigger threats.

Came close to beating them a couple times, then was able to do so with the help of Jared, Scotty, Pants. Once their reign of terror was ended, ours began, although there were many close moments: Monkey #2 and Riata Steve were quite drunk and had trouble standing in the first case, and paying attention in the second. Also, Scotty got a hold of the jungle juice. I was however able to rotate Jess and Tbone into the mix on occasion.

It was with half the team drunk that we encountered the Sanders for the first time. Haven't seen them in a while. LJ informs me that the guys out there are top ranked Austin sand players. Their response to our little circus is, "this isn't real volleyball." That may be true, but the scoreboard is real, and our game is just as real as saying that a sand ball set is not a carry because your hands never touch the ball as the set goes up, in defiance of the laws of physics. And I got to encounter them with half my squad drunk. After a couple of miscues, I came up with a strategy that worked, although we refused to put them away for a while when we got to 13, before winning 15-10.

There were then some increasingly chaotic challenges, before my shirt came up again, which I had reserved for LJ since my Super Team #2 had yet to lose (so between 3 and 7, my shirt came up... twice--that's a lot of challengers), and Sand Part 2, water boogaloo took the court. I sat this game out, so others could play Dwayne took my place. And guess what? The Sanders lost AGAIN.

They will always lose, as another immutable law of physics is that when you put sand in water, sand sinks to the bottom.

That is all for now.

Slaughtering

Death from above! Fire down below!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:46 am 

The winner stays thing is getting old. It really makes the whole thing a joke. Also, making note to not go there on holidays. jesus.

jon - sir, don't pass out drunk in the parking lot. how many beers did you slam in 4 hours?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:06 am 

Monkey has made a strong case for drunkest panda of the year!

My name's Dan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:33 pm 

Indeed. It's kind of a first. Most Pandas were able to at least crawl to my place before passing out!

Death from above! Fire down below!