AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:05 am 

Big turnout on Sunday.

Dan, Chief, Judy, Mikey, Pat, Beth, Dave, Atty Scott, Jess, Ford, The Gabber, T2, Big Shot Rob, Monkey John, Carson, Jonathan, T-Bone, Edub, Dick, Dwayne, Jared & lady friend, LJ, Kent, Big Josh (he and I played on the same basketball team about 16 years ago), and others (like the hottest girls you’ve even seen). :boobiebounce:

I’m glad I showed up, being a bit on the fence after driving up there Saturday to see no pandas and then drinking a few too many Natties Saturday night. I powered up with broccoli :broccolidance: and steamed carrots and a ham sammich, and fiber supplement. I can’t recommend a fiber supplement enough. Keeps things moving. Contact me for more details!

Games were very fun and competitive. Sun was shining, radio was playing. Umm humm. Woot Bluh Bluh. :cowbell: The good turnout made me like the Riata again. Good turnout leads to good games. Low turnout will have a lot of inexperienced people mixing in with the teams and things can become sloppy and slow.

The security dude recognizes my face now and greeted me with a hello. Those guys seem pretty cool, they just don’t want any bottles in the pool area.

There was some confusion about tying shirts on the pole for the next games. I think the newest shirt goes on the bottom, and shirts move up after games.

Where's the shark? :shark:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:37 pm 

Right you are Creepster. You forgot to mention LJ's stacked squad--Dub, Scott, Mikey, Pat, Tall Riata guy... he didn't just take 1 or 2 good players. Happy freaking birthday.

I took on such squads with small ball teams, and got to within 10 one time and 8 the next. Got to play with Jess, T2, and Ford a couple of times. But most games went this way--got down early, came back late, not enough. Best game of the day featured Me Mikey T2 Jess Tbone and another Riata guy. We stayed at 1-1 for about 15 min.

It took Creepy the giant killer to beat a stacked team (One man Dan)

Fun, but the waiting to play is difficult. It may be worth suggesting to Riata denizens that dry people play or at least bust the team up after 3 wins. It's hard to call down game and then have everyone lobbying for a spot.

Got a block on Dub after a lousy LJ set which made my day.

Thanks everyone for coming out. With more ballers than any other group out there the presence is strong.

Death from above! Fire down below!