AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:48 am 

undefeated. (not that that is really such a feat).

next?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:04 pm 

It should be added that the place is less overrun than usual. In fact, almost deserted. And that it's more geriatric. College boy was on the younger side of the players up there Sunday. Dick came out to play. He's turning 81 this year. Talk about commitment. I'm not sure the Resort (retirement?) Community knows it's summer yet.

Things are more congenial. They wouldn't have game if it weren't for the hired guns. Play of note: Mikey, Jess, and Scotty brutalizing the new Riata tall trees on Saturday. Also, Carson getting spiked on, and using his head as a setting machine. His game has been better, presumably due to a bit less boozing. Also helped that he joined the Bad Guys to do the (un)defeating. Off the field party issues made T Bone late for his chiefly duties both days, which could be of concern under some circumstances (like when we don't have a real ball to play with).

Security hasn't proved to be much of an issue, but I nonetheless try to keep the Riata denizens cognizant that we don't want people to be turned away. Because all we really need is a couple more Pandas up there and game could be good. The locals still have problems with passing, setting, and designing plays that work, but with the proper beat down/instruction, morale and play will no doubt improve.

There have only been 1-2 scrub games a day. And remember, it looks to be an early start this year for games. I've been showing up about 2 hours earlier and leaving around 6. Apparently Dwayne showed up just after i departed on Sunday (I could feel the chaos and boobery descending) and pulled a Fokker, hitting a girl in the face.

For those of you on boycott, you owe me an essay: "What I did with my Summer Vacation." That is all.

Death from above! Fire down below!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:45 pm 

Chief next weekend I...your team against me and the revolution...and by revolution I mean the most drunk people in the pool lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:36 pm 

I plan to be up there this weekend.

:disco:

My name's Dan