AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Long ass weekend
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 6:11 pm 

Had some excitement. First play off the pole this year. And thanks those of you who made it to Cricket's goodbye party. Basketball was watched and copious amounts of Sailor J were consumed.

Its becoming an annoying Argosy tradition that pool is closed on Memorial Day. Riata was the fallback. I went up with Dave, Cricket then followed, along with Mikey, Jess, Ronin Steve, John, Dan, and Dwayne.

Hopefully there was good game at some point in the day? Because Riata is, as always, a hot mess. Ladies were cruising through the pool on floaties and drunken Riata residents were partying in the corners. Its like whack a mole up there--you beat down one drunk crappy team then another one shows up, thinking they can win. Madness. And you spend some time waiting. Not as bad as usual on that front though.

One girl was annoyed when T Bone asked her to clear the way for game and said "How old is that guy?" HA How old indeed! Old enough to spank young ladies I reckon. Needless to say I don't miss my old job all that much! So I got in like one win in a halfway good game and two losses and got the hell out of there.

The irony is that Argosy opened in the late evening! Remember what we have vs the alternative and be nice to Argosy environment or you will be traded to Riata. Its where water volleyball goes to die.

Anyway, I hope that those of you who hadn't seen the big pool enjoyed it. The only thing I enjoyed was Scotty's team not setting him through like 6 straight points when I was matched up on him. Sigh

Death from above! Fire down below!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 11:11 am 

Riata drives me crazy.

The parking situation was so crowded on Monday that I had to park at that business park. :angry:

Then had to explain myself to a security guard before I could enter the pool area, then had to put up with drunk girls and other unfocused drunks who want to play volleyball. :nosepick:

Games were slow and play was sloppy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 11:52 am 

i just left. couldn't handle it.

if you like balling, and don't liek riata, then there you have it. respect the obstacle

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 4:42 pm 

Hint: use the secret back entrance. They almost never check people coming from that direction.

Death from above! Fire down below!