AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: low temp Sunday
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:40 pm 

Cold water did not mean cold games. Don't know when they started, but met contribution was from 4-8. Ford returned off the injured list, but couldn't figure out which hand was hurt. We had some Pants, Spoons & friends (for the usual 2 games), Attorney Scott (who was blasting again), Jess also off IR, Wescott (who is perfecting a fast line serve that needs to be monitored), Dub, Cricket, David & John--the new incarnation of Monkey. He nearly took out my good hand and beat on Dave a lot worse. Can he learn before he injures every player on the court? Fate only knows...

Creepy did not play. Apparently his mustache augmentation surgery went horribly wrong.

We did, however, have a late Dwayne sighting. Moving pretty good for an older guy. Summer must be just around the corner...

I thought when I retired I no longer had to lead every fight by example. So why was I the one in the pool for the last game of 2s to 21 with Jess vs Dwayne and Cricket? And why was I in the pool for the 2s game before that as well? Jess Chief won both of those btw, to no one's surprise I expect.

Best excuse on the day was Julio, who texted he couldn't find a swimsuit, which apparently also deprived him of the use of his legs, as he did not present for review at the Obstacle.

Games proved competitive. The Sheriff's contribution as fairness monitor probably helps, although he is one of the slowest ball bitches of all time.

The annoying thing is that weather is just at that level where it turns what should be a total blast into a struggle vs. the elements to have fun.

Let's try to be good to this net, because it's a nice one.

On news from the barbarian north, Riata is getting a new net. Gotta say that took a really long time. I'd really like to get a chunk of the old one to hang on Optimus.

Death from above! Fire down below!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:26 pm 

I'll be back in two weeks. The doctor messed up and attached the mustache to my intestines and I've been crapping hairballs. I said I wanted the stache on my face, you know...just under my nose. Oh well. Nobody's perfect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 1:43 pm 

Sounds like things are heating up down in A-town. The guys in Dallas are gonna get things rolling soon, so for now I'm just working on targeting in a racquetball court after lifting weights and running. I've dropped 15 lbs and will hopefully get some quickness back.

Newsflash - I'll be moving back in July. Memorial Day weekend I'll be down to talk to some job recruiters and if that goes well, maybe I'll go talk to Riata about living arrangements. Of course, I'll have to get in some fighting while I'm there...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 10:04 am 

You might want to move into the Argosy. Argosy's Got It.™

My name's Dan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 2:56 pm 

RedBarchetta wrote:
Sounds like things are heating up down in A-town. The guys in Dallas are gonna get things rolling soon, so for now I'm just working on targeting in a racquetball court after lifting weights and running. I've dropped 15 lbs and will hopefully get some quickness back.

Newsflash - I'll be moving back in July. Memorial Day weekend I'll be down to talk to some job recruiters and if that goes well, maybe I'll go talk to Riata about living arrangements. Of course, I'll have to get in some fighting while I'm there...

:shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 2:57 pm 

[quote="Creepy"]The doctor messed up and attached the mustache to my intestines and I've been crapping hairballs. quote]

:Attorney: