AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Well attended Wednesday
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:57 pm 

I was expecting 4 We got more: Pat, David, John, Rooster, Spoons, Wescott, Mikey, Big Shot, Scott, and yours truly

This allowed for some fun 3s games. Pants, David and I were somewhat shocked early on--can't remember whether the loss was to Spoons John Rooster or Wescott Spoons Rooster, but lose we did.

Pat couldn't decide which way he wanted to put his pants on--half the time he was making Attorney Scott look extra good or pawing at out balls, while the other half he was serving up points and playing hard on the net.

Scott only had 2 beers on the day, which made him very dangerous out there. Maybe if he didn't keep winning drunkest panda he'd take MVP. Did I say that out loud?

Wescott ripped off about 9 straight points on serve to humble a Mikey David Pat Chief squad. He kept up the heaters for most of the day.

David has been struggling a bit in the preseason. I think people are starting to figure out his tendencies a bit and take advantage. Need to work on getting him to be part of more plays, because his sets are still nice and high.

Though Big John is improving he still has his moments of pummeling. Needs to figure out control and body movement. He got his mitts on one ball going over his head in the back row and thunder dunked it on himself. Not the way you want to get into the AAR, son.

Games were competitive for the most part throughout. We had the Sheriff there to monitor the scheduling and lineups. I went about 500 on the day after digging a big hole early.

Good to see everyone out on the court this early. Hot tub is working again. Good luck to all you injured players--hope you make it back for the regular season.

Death from above! Fire down below!