AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Labor Day AAR
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:42 pm 

Well, sorry I missed that yelly neighbor thing. Clearly she turned the pool green with envy, because the Obstacle was closed Labor Day--yes, closed! It was looking real bad in the days before that as well.

Luckily, I've been maintaining a presence as a goodwill ambassador at Riata, so Argosy went on the march North: "Look, Persians!"

So by the time the healthy players :( arrived I had them shirted up and the usual stacked Riata team was deployed--at one time or another this included TBone, Jared, Ronin Steve, attorneys Scott and Kent, Dwayne, along with an assemblage of tall sander dudes and some other guys with some experience.

Against the barbarian horde the Argosy fielded Mikey Bunny Jess Shay David, and I picked up sander Tony to fill in the lineup. Did I mention that, like clockwork, the Riata waters turned frigid this day, as they always seem to??? Wescott and Dub came into the lineup later-- which uniform do you think Dub chose to wear in this contest?

What do you think the results were? Do you wanna guess? Do you think they were the same as they always are, and have always been, for years? Teamwork wins ballgames. Simple as that. I lost count at 5 wins against various squads.

Special shout outs to Shay, who I think played every game, and David, who, in only his second trip to Riata, blocked the biggest guy on the court for the win and displayed good all around skills.

Thanks to Riata for hosting. The climate up there is very much improved--someone might want to pass that on to Argosy residents who apparently continue to hate on the AWVP(see, it wasn't just their dissatisfaction with my leadership)--also, it would be nice to take a picture of the giant welcome mat down on the bottom of the Riata court (this image works both literally and figuratively) to send to Argosy management, and see if they can discern the difference between this behemoth and the bar mat we employ to protect our precious tootsies.

I departed as darkness approached before the game in progress was over, for I have seen this movie, and knew what the outcome was going to be.

Perhaps next time, we can put together a team of house pets and inanimate objects, to see if Riata can beat them...

Caution--this is Argosy!

Death from above! Fire down below!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:33 pm 

Interesting AAR...A little one sided considering who was not present...Yep, we all know who owns the Northwest side...That would be the LIP...