AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Long weekend + redux
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:56 pm 

Wow--I just took a look at least year's post and not much has changed!

And somehow the post I did yesterday has disappeared, like my Tachikara ball and my AWVP T Shirt.

Riata still has lots of players but very few soldiers, and now a lot fewer--LJ, TJ, Lloyd all seem to have retired. T Bone is their chief now.

Sorry I missed the return of Jeff and Dre--they were Argosy generation 3--now we're on 6.

BBGs have been fun and we've actually gotten a couple of best of 3s in. Special stand out performance in big games goes to Shay, who was digging some solid spikes out there time after time.

And now, a blast from the past--2010 7/4 AAR:

Riata's no longer got it. Where are your players, peeps? I went up solo on Sunday and there were few familiar faces, and that includes security!

Last week you guys made Dick have a sad. He told me he showed up last week and no one was there. I hope you're happy with yourselves. Y'all need to designate a Riata Chief, and quick.

I enjoyed most of the games, even if there were scrubs and kids playing, until the last one, where I've got sanders who don't listen getting beat by deep balls and 6'4 guys who can't spike, so that a team that should easily be winning ends up losing. I left in frustration.

Jared joined us down at the Obstacle, which was in full swing by the time I arrived. Creepy pulled a complete wuss out, so I was unable to put together the full vet squad--instead I got Pants and Jim back vs. Jared Jess Navy. Then I picked up the serve at 0-0: point, after point came raining down on our opponents, until it got to game point, and Jess dinked one over Jim Back for a sideout. I missed 15 club/perfect game AGAIN. Damn you, Jethro! The most humiliating part was that they almost came back to win.

Ford--AWOL for the weekend. Jimminy Cricket, who lives right down by the pool and promised he would play on Sunday, also on report for the no show. The idol and the robe did show up, though.

New players are doing well, and there's been a nice congenial atmosphere to the games. These are great days we're livin, Pandas--we're like jolly tan giants, with volleyballs.

Death from above! Fire down below!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:36 pm 

:whitietightie: