AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Opening weekend AAR
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 6:03 pm 

Riata forfeits. Currently unable to field a team (is it the strike/lockout?)

I got to see some old familiar faces though. Tree made a brief appearance. Apparently he is the parent of two little shrubs(not scrubs!). As a Fox sports guy, I should've asked him when the feature on the AWVP was due to air.

Ronin Steve and Ronin Charlie were in town--Charlie for good. Wilbur made a 1 day return, as did Hairy Jason. Wilbur pulled a Mikey at Riata and wanted every shot (best spikes of the day though), while HJ struggled (must've been tired from the sand tourney). Johnathan was back, after disappearing almost entirely last year.

Having started in April, Argosy tech has a greater edge than usual. We're still putting forth the same solid roster, which can easily present a Seal Team 6, and with enough skilled players to make for at least 3 good 4s squads.

Well, I played every day this long weekend, and in most games. So it's all a blur (though maybe not as blurry as Jared's Jager influenced recollections). I'm really going to have to start taking notes! Here's the notables I recall--feel free to fill in as needed:

Dan's angle shots (danglers) and his dinks (should they be called danks?) were good--movement and fielding? Still restricted by demonic possession.

Attorney Scott is bravely trying to put off hand surgery until after the season. He's learned develop attacks with L as well as R as a result. On one day during the weekend he was showing surprising speed, and closed out the weekend with strong blocks and hits.

The Sheriff was back in town. After being absolutely devastated by every big man on the planet and victimized by crappy sets, I guess he decided there should be some law and order at the Obstacle. Monday he beat bigger opponents. Payback is legal. It was fun for one of his teams not to recognize the matchup when I was against him through 4 points before they figured it out--"Shhhh!"

Old Chief isn't exactly washed up yet--ask New Chief how the majority of the net challenges went on Sunday. For sets and serves, watch and learn.

David has been developing his game at geometric progression. A couple hits and several notable blocks on Monday. Possible player of the day honors...

Bunny also played good holiday ball. Bunny hit, Bunny set, Bunny serve.

The resurrection of Jesus is nearly complete. The mobility, anticipation, and accurate firepower are being put together as components of a smiting hostile whole once again.

But none of this matters, because I keep somehow remembering that Jim Back is the best player in the pool (he did have some very nice games) and Jess scores 90 points/day and is the best at every position. It confuses me how both these things can be true at the same time, or even where these phrases come from (Manchurian Candidate?). I remember, they are part of the promotional marathon featured during the HQ Post Game Show through the whole weekend.

I know it's hot, but I need a break. Old Chief is resting for a couple of days. I will know about the final disposition of the possible new Chief mansion by then.

Death from above! Fire down below!

Post subject: Addendum
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 6:04 pm 

For all those who want to know, Dick, the 80 year old Master Yoda of this league, survived another winter.

Death from above! Fire down below!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:02 pm 

I like playing water volleyball!