AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Wildeburg Wednesday
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 1:28 pm 

Brought to you by the Bildeburg group, our new partners in world domination

There were many fine performances. The surprise of the day was Dwyane pain. Pretty spry for a big old guy. He was clearly enjoying himself, and is finally getting the move and groove style of Argosy ball. Not all the time, but getting better. I think we'll have to invoke the league morals clause if he starts doing Michael Jackson routines on the sidelines again. I require counseling after that experience.

Dan hasn't met a net he likes, unless by liking, one means he likes to dominate them. Netrageous Dansing skills were displayed.

Cricket had numerous hits and blocks up in netland. Fielding was another matter--them back row skills don't scare me, work on it.

Spoons plays for about 20 minutes and then answered the shame phone for the 2nd week in a row. Leave your shame phones at home, people!

Jess Ford combo won all day. I lost all day, save for one brief shining moment where 2 chiefs Creepy Dwayne beat a Wild Ford Spoons team. And, as far as ironies go, isn't that same lineup the one the beat the vet squad a couple weekends ago???

Though it may not show in the W-L column, the teams that went down didn't get blown out. The matchups are competitive, and these are good training days for the new peeps.

I have yet to hear anything about Riata opening day.

Death from above! Fire down below!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 2:25 pm 

There is a Riatata opening day? There have been games...Nothing great, but scenery has been great...

I am a superstar there as you saw last month...Doesnt matter who says different, or shows up to find out that is fact...Bigger court equals Lip Greatness...T-Bone has been 2nd best player there, but the gap from me to him is vast, and the gap to next level of players cant even be measured some games...

Just the facts Jack!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 2:32 pm 

Great, so when is the next scheduled game at Riata? If I hear a day/time I'll come up.

Chief Cricket is out of town this weekend, which puts severe limitations on Argosy ball. Something for those pandas intent on Riata boycott to think about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 2:32 pm 

One final thing--Dan was sporting a headband that really ties the mustache together, in a 70's ABA way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 4:52 pm 

<object width="460" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bDn-VotlzTg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bDn-VotlzTg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="460" height="349" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 8:53 pm 

Here's your answer... jump on it... and find out how bad you really are. ANYONE. :bear:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 8:54 pm 

BEARS!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 11:57 am 

Sand tourney Saturday and tubing Sunday, so if you need Riatata venue access it probably needs to be coordinated w/ TBone

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 3:09 pm 

Chief wrote:
One final thing--Dan was sporting a headband that really ties the mustache together, in a 70's ABA way.

god dannit. this makes me a sad panda. booo. i am out of town till sunday and hope something on sunday is a happening. i can do riata if this is the case. i don't mind killing the less fortunate.