AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: supplementary AAR
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 6:14 pm 

Geez, nothing about the second fall of the Vet Squad? First time it was due to a drunk chief and a sloshed sailor (thunderduck and clobbersaur); this time we had a half-Back switch to quarter-Back and then head Back to the bottle. Vets are getting closer--once again score was tight; if we call just show up eager, mildly sober, and ready for battle, it's half won right there...

We had a good and large crew out on Saturday, and things looked to still be going strong when I was plucked out of the pool by dues ex Shakespeare. It wasn't a particularly good play, as opposed to the drama at the Obstacle--even though I fought hard all day, I lost a lot. Jess informs me he won almost every game. Has he been hanging out with LJ again swapping mints?

I guess I've been wrong all these years calling you motherless bastards. It appears at least some pandas have mothers, as turnout on Sunday was small. But small meant fun. It's been a long time since I played 4 hrs of ball, every game. Ford proved to be an accomplished motivational speaker and kept people playing (which made Gabber the newest in a long line of watervolleyball widows). New players got a chance to do some 3s and are coming along nicely. Ford and new guy David share player of the day honors--he figured out how to set pretty fast.

Sadly, new Chief mansion that is currently at the top of the list does not have a yard large enough for a pool; I tried folks, but you're stuck with the courts we've got for the time being.

Those of you who haven't been playing yet should. You're missing out.

Death from above! Fire down below!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 11:36 am 

No mints sir...Just been superstarring the many many buoys up at Riatata...Actually, had a two game wait the last two wknds...Games not good, but progress...

Also, did I mention again I dominate the bigger pool...Jethro's skills dont translate outside of the Obstacle...He is a one trick home pool pony...So sad, so sad :-(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 12:13 pm 

Oh :kiss: I almost forgot the whooping you took at the real pool. That's why you haven't been back. Your hand picked Mikey ford team was crushed 4 n a row. Then Wescott replaced mike and again 3 more in a row! WildAttorneyDanShow :disco:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 3:49 pm 

Like I said...Your game doesnt travel too well...

We did take some (ok, a lot of) beatings the particular day you are referencing, as you did vs me on your trek to the great northwest...

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 4:21 pm 

Somehow I got talked into playing last night with a 7:30 start time.

Apparently I'm being envisioned in some sort of Joe Montana role--when he was with the Chiefs, that is.

Speaking of Chiefs, after one threes matchup, it was time for the 2 chiefs, Spoons, and David to take on the Wild Boys in 4-2 battles. Their taunts and self regard are legendary, but this time the Wilds backed it up with some very good games. Both were zinging the spikes and playing with nary a distraction, working together and controlling the court and game flow well. They are a premier squad when this happens. And this was one of those times. I think there were 4 games; they won 3 of them (I think they lost 1st game after being up, then swept the series).

On the other side of things, rookies stayed at their posts, when other trainees ran. Spoons went into backlike retirement after the first losses. Attorney Scott is still troubled by his finger injury, but it seems to have spread to his other hand as well, so that he couldn't hit with either. But new chief Cricket and new guy David played every game. And they're learning fast. David is now a pretty reliable setter. Cricket got a couple of spikes to go down on the net. When we got down on the scoreboard, they didn't quit, but battled back to make the games very close. Just a few short weeks ago, we were looking at 15-2 massacres. Not so much anymore...

This bodes well for the future. Which, sadly, as you've no doubt heard, does not at this time include a Chief mansion with pool sized yard. Sorry, just couldn't swing it.

Now that pool size has been mentioned, so there's been game up at Riata the last 2 weeks? How come Carson and your resident rookies don't know about it??? They were telling me I should drive up there and see for myself, then text them if something was going on! What a way to run a railroad!!! Being not as averse to this venue as other pandas, I have the inclination to travel north in the afternoon to kill a few barbarians before adjourning to Argosy. But I at least like to know that something is planned, in that it has a certain start time, with some sort of thought toward viability/attendance, prior to showing up. I have provided the same service at the Obstacle for years.

Anyway, for lots of reasons we ought to try to keep both venues lively. That is all

Death from above! Fire down below!