AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:54 am 

Bottom line: If we act anywhere close to like we did last night, and are anywhere close to that loud again, then WE WILL LOSE OUR LAST SAFE HAVEN FOR BALL...

So, unless someone in this group is going to buy a house, and build a new venue; which we all know would never happen anyway cuz nobody would want this scene at their home, and neighbors would call the cops...

In no particular order these are what we are going to call the AWVP Riata 6 which are basically common sense to most:

1. Shut the fuck up, including people yelling at other to do the same
2. Do not throw beers at trash cans, and/or practice power serves when people are across from you not paying attention or sun bathing between games
3. Pick up your cigarette butts! Man, this is just a common courtesy one that disgusts all the non-smokers that have to walk on, or swim w/ them
4. Dont blatantly come across the net w/ unintentional or intentional intent to injure under, over, or through it
5. Like football let the play finish out before whistling play dead by letting teams call their own tips and wet balls
6. If the play is in dispute by "parties that normally dont argue every single play," then just freaking redo the point

Oh, and not a rule, but i don't get why not...Just toss the ball back to server...It is not that hard...I have never understood why we have to go chase balls that are corner kicked, Nolan Ryan'd, or bounced all over the place between points!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:01 pm 

Fucking dipshits, fuck it up for everyone else :roll: .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:04 pm 

Did this happen after I left? Who said something?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:33 pm 

I heard noise complaint. But security was out there the whole time, which makes it quite a bit dumber to be acting a fool.

I don't know what got into the water, but there was a lot of anger last night. I've never seen a clearout play before in watervolleyball.

On the plus side, the Riata gender barrier was officially broken--a Jackie Robinson moment. The ladies played every game, and did their jobs well.

And a team that should've been blown off the court: Ford Wild Boys (and/or Wescott for T2), me Shay and Gabber, beat Lip Scott Dub Dwayne Jason TBone 2 out of 3 and ended up even through 6 games, which were all close.

Really no excuse for that, either.

The ways of the Argosy remain, even if the Argosy is gone.

At least, instead of putting it in everyone's face day after day, there is no BT or FF at Riata. So, let's shoot for Saturday and, above all, behave.

Death from above! Fire down below!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:17 pm 

In talking with the security guard after last night, he informed me that we need to stop throwing beer cans. I think that we should also put some cans with water in them by the poles or in the corners for cigarette butts. He also told us later that there was a noise complaint called in on us as well. I like to play water volleyball and don't want to screw this up. I will quit throwing cans and pick up after myself. All it would take to get us kicked out would be a resident complaining to the office.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:57 pm 

It's like a train wreck, ya'll are going to get kicked out.... it's just a matter of time because you can't control your selfs,, not hatin... just speakin the truth... way to go assholes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:03 pm 

"You ain't gonna miss your water until your well runs dry"

-Bob Marley

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:52 pm 

Nah, we will get things under control...Chief couldnt be the ahole he really needed to be to control things cuz most of the Panda corp are his main friends and family circle...Its not that way for me, so I dont mind being disliked for trying to push these rules, really push these rules because it really wont affect me outside of water vball season...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:33 pm 

This is all Cheif's fault anyway, he couldn't handle the argosy because he has become old withered.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:50 pm 

OK guys, I think I figured out what we should do.

I talked with Gerald Ford and he said we can spend our summers at the freemason island watervolleyball camp.

Here's the plan:

1. we all become rich, unemployed, or school teachers so we can get summers off.

2. the freemasons will send their luxury jumbo jet, AirMason 33, to Austin each May on memorial day to pick us up, and will return us to Austin on labor day in September.

3. profit!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:54 pm 

Great plan, :roll: .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:23 pm 

Chief is a poopy head, and I like cheese!

I loved LJ's comment about his victories--they were victories in the same way reaching the toilet without browning out is a victory. Or did Creepy say that?

Did I mention LJ is a poopy head too?

Death from above! Fire down below!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:35 pm 

That was me...They were like that...More relief than exultation