AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: WW Riata 8/4
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:44 pm 

One of the best turnouts for WW evar! We even had a challenge from a full squad of 6 non AWVP players, can you believe it?

Cast of characters included Edub Camile Jess Shay Creepy Scott Big Shot Jason Jared T2 Wescott Dwayne Ford Holly Gabber Kent and yours truly. Did I miss anybody?

Notables--one 17-15 game and a couple of close ones. Play is up from some earlier meetings where one team could never get off the bottom of the pool. Speaking of the pool bottom, imagine what would happen if the Argosy pool had gotten a hole at the bottom of it? Well, I guess we don't have to imagine. No one point that little defect out while Riata honchos are around until summer is long gone, please!

Generally, the teams that played as teams were the ones that won. Example--any reason why we can't get a set to Big Shot Rob when he's got the matchup? I profited from this same failure on the part of the other team a couple of times as well.

Ladies are learning to play in the bigger pool.

Some performances worth mentioning. Dwayne can hit if you set him right, and he's learning how to move. He can play team ball if properly motivated.

Jess and Wescott serves were strong, especially in the dark. The Sheriff is back, but a bit rusty.

I had in my notes(!) to give Jared props on blocks, because he's still very good at them for a member of team smallball. Then I saw a picture of Ford's shiner. One must try to hit and block without taking heads off, but it's nice to know people are playing hard.

I just try to do my damn job (I'm just a cook)

Death from above! Fire down below!