AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Riata AAR
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:00 pm 

Well, that's all there will be anymore...

Saturday a powerful team of Argosy expatriates assembled and dominated--me Jess Shay Wescott Creepy Navy. I think we went 4 and 1.

Note to peeps of the once proud Obstacle--I know we're all still in the anger and denial stages, but questions like, "Who's all there and are there any good players" aren't very productive/helpful. If you don't show up then there are less good players available--self fulfilling prophecy. Does this make sense?

Jared's offense is developing, Carson had some good shots (until he got into the Loko), LJ struggled with frustration issues.

Sunday had a different mix of players; TJ and Will showed up, as did Lloyd and Hairy(Carry) Jason, Scott and Tom later, but no Creepy, Navy or Wescott this time. So, putting together both a good team of 6 and a good challenge team could be, well, challenging.

I was frustrated by having a squad that we were trying to set up get hijacked by a couple of Sanders. Shirt tech didn't matter because "They'd been waiting." They refuse to cover the back when their in the back, or get off the net for any reason when on the front. This is pretty typical, but if you're going to be arrogant and not want to move around, at least don't suck when the ball comes to you to make a play. Trounced 15-4, because 4 guys can't play 6 very effectively when they have to work around 2 buoys. Well, they decided that water isn't fun or a real game so they quickly left; that's a self fulfilling prophecy I can believe in.

Tom made a drink so good he drunkened himself. I sort of forgot how to serve with tricks, but remembered how to set. TJ forgot to get angry which helps his hitting: "Free Angry TJ." Llloyd sometimes forgot to move, but Scotty didn't, showing his colors for the third straight week in a row. Highlight of the day was Hairy Jason's serves, which were somewhat offset by his tendency to carry on hits.

For those who are dissatisfied with the last remaining sign of intelligent watervolleyball life in the universe, I recommend a couple of Safaris--I hear Artisan had game of some sort. And then there was the place down south that Lionheart came from, which is now occupied by transplants from Maggie's farm. Lincoln Oaks has regular game, but Argosy style management crackdowns were in effect daily when I've been there. I'm not a big fan of places that are completely deserted, like Cap Rock and Indian Creek have been when we last explored. No cover whatsoever for your antics is bad(see Mirage). I always liked playing at that condo complex where I broke my nose, but can never remember the name of it.

We need to make a lifetime achievement award for Dick. I've got a few ideas. So that at least something positive comes out of this season.

Well, there are some ideas for ya. We won't let the traditions die. They can take our net, they can take our poles, but they can never take our freedom!

Death from above! Fire down below!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:42 pm 

I am going to fill in one major blank spot...Waited FOUR games to take out the Legacy team on Saturday...Not waited playing on teams of buoys, but actually out of the pool...Only frustration Saturday I had was waiting to take that team down...Mission accomplished w/ a very subpar team I might add...