AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Last week's AAR
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:48 pm 

An event filled week it was. Lots of post game talk about ball, most of it productive.

The Lawnmower is getting a rep as the "scariest man in the pool" as his game develops.

Those who were present witnessed the return of Spoons, and the debut of Team Longview, or at least its expansion into a full 3-4 members. Longview Chris showed himself to be a good player, albeit with the partying discipline of Chief circa 2007 (btw, if he chooses to move to town, he should be encouraged to take over the Argosy chiefdom from me). They were strong enough to beat a team that really, really should have beat them on Sunday, comprised of me, College, Jim Back, and Scott. WTF? In terms of BBGs, the vets returned sans Pants (me, College, Jim Back, and Navy) at some point during the weekend and were victorious, and I switched teams in another matchup and ended up winning both games.

In other events, Saturday was pollywog day. Many new 20-something youngsters in the mix and playing about as well as could be expected. Some of them were tall.

Which brings me to the other notable events that occurred over the course of games--the ladies went a blockin' this weekend. Shay blocked one of the 6'5 new guys, Bunny blocked Navy, and there was much rejoicing.

A note on decor--the Pirate has graced the HQ with some of her own artwork. A guided tour can be arranged. Nice to see the AWVP can produce great works both on and off the Obstacle.

That is all

Death from above! Fire down below!