AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 12:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:03 am 

The war's not over, folks...

I got to have a little chat with law enforcement last night. Everything has not changed, and watervolleyball is still a crime.

First question was how many guests I had. I pointed out the other resident and the three of "our" friends that were still out there--they really hate the collective response, and the fact that I was legal, this time...

So here are the concerns of the man with the badge, and through him, management--too many people come out here. Well, you got me there. But I did have to mention that that people were playing before I came out (I was asked when that was) and I only recognized 2 out of the 8, and I had no idea who the 5 non-ball players were who came in a few minutes before the law arrived who were frolicking at the big pool--shrug on the part of our lawman.

"I know you guys clean up, but people are trashing the place." Not on my watch--he gave me that! And he's announced he's going to be coming out to shut the pool down at 10.

Since we've seen this before, let me spell out how the various factoids here are going to be assessed in cop/management logic: "you and yours, Chief, are going to take the fall for anything bad that happens out here. We're going to ignore everyone else and focus on you." How do I know this? Because it's happened before.

Whether or not that is fair or is going to solve their problems doesn't really factor into it--they get the satisfaction of busting somebody, because busting everybody who breaks the rules would take a lot of effort and make a lot more people pissed off.

Once again, we've been warned. Once again, when I get the least bit slack, things go wrong. So, what to do?

I've got an idea--why don't we follow the fucking guidelines I set out? We don't show up before 5, EVER, and we're gone by 9 ALWAYS. GET IT? Those of you who want to start early or play late, NO!!! You don't like that, you can either 1) move in or 2) find someplace else to play.

Any of you geniuses have anything to add?

Death from above! Fire down below!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:57 pm 

Not sure what happened here. Are people not leaving by 9? If so - WHY NOT?

Lets not fuck this up. :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:12 pm 

Good question, College.

To be more precise, since there are questions, Rob & resident Jim had just finished a 2s match with Jess Shay. Besides me, that's who was left. I was cognizant that it was getting late, and had finally persuaded people to pack it in, partly due to Rob's pizza promise, no doubt.

I looked at the clock when we got up to HQ and it was 10:25, so we were probably cutting out around 10:15 when I got flagged down--I was in the process of putting back the second ladder closest to the fence.

In terms of priorities, the man in blue showed primary interest in how many guests I had, some interest in the fact that other people were playing ball before we were, and only minor interest in the people who were still out at the big pool--he didn't answer when I asked him if he knew who they were or if they lived at the complex. He basically went with f' em" when I suggested that he take the stuff that was left poolside last night by peeps that weren't in our crew into the office in case they came looking for it, and just left it on the table. So clearly, we've got someone whose motivation is to protect and serve the community.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:28 pm 

So why play past 10 too? I don't understand. Were you telling peeps at 9 sharp it was time to go and everyone just kept playing?

Color me confused why this isn't being followed. I would recommend a ban on folks who can't follow these rules. Tell the newbies all of this shit and that all activity related to that pool halts at 9pm.

:?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:01 pm 

If you recall, I did mention something in my original post about being slack on releasing the sharks with freakin' laser beams at the appointed hour on this particular evening.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:29 pm 

Lol...Why are you two beating around the bush? I can pull up the same threads from every season this website has been in existence...Just say it...Stop Harry Pottering it and not saying the name that shall not be named

He goes by Jess, Jethro, WildBoyz 1, Taz, and probably a few other monikers...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:01 pm 

If you say the word 3 times he will appear

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:07 pm 

Well what about the dry people play and keep the suck out of the pool, those rules haven't been followed either. Let's play at riata at 2PM on Saturday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:34 am 

Fuckin' amateurs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:22 am 

Yesterday one of the Dallas groups got booted from the pool they've been playing in for a few years. They're good about keeping noise down and cleaning up, but it wasn't enough for one of the neighbors. Hopefully they'll figure something out next week while I'm in Austin.