AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:56 pm 

I missed Friday's game. By the time I'd finished editing and waiting for pizza it was too late to play.

We got some good games in at Riata, but the venue devolved by the end of the day into children with water wings, so we headed down to Argosy somewhat late ~6:30 where the games began again.

It's been the first time I played 2's in about a year: T models 1 & 2 took on Hairy Jason Dub. Terminators had the lead and held it most of the way through, fighting off rallies to win 15 13.

I think Jim Back's prediction that he won't lose in his new red Scotsman's shorts held true through most of the day.

Ford's swing is back with a vengeance.

It was hard to tell what part of Creepy's body the demons were afflicting at any one time, but they seem to have taken over most aspects of his locomotion with detrimental results.

Speaking of detrimental, the Wild Boys were decisively defeated 2-0 in 2's by Hairy Ford: 15-7 and 15-5. For about the first time ever, there was no post game smack talked--after their milding, they left in a hurry.

Riata Sunday left me on the opposite side of the net from the Argosy players, but we were still able to put together some good squads: The Chief & Free Mason Jason combo put together some rather deadly set spikes leading to victory in my first game of the day. Jared's defense continues to be very solid, and his hits are coming together. Too much sun and fun slowed down the Neighbor a bit. My personal favorite play was a one handed block against both Mikey and Attorney Scott. Nice job by the Lip of stealing the attorney for his own roster right of the bat. The real winners of the day were the Ford Jess Shay team, which didn't lose all day.

Feel free to make additions where necessary, since I mainly felt like I was going to pass out all weekend. I look forward to the next couple of days off.

That is all

Death from above! Fire down below!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:19 pm 

Only correction is I didnt pick Atty Scott up...Ford or Jess did that...I was on a winning team most of day, and managed to admittedly suck most of day...Too much lake, too much beer, too much sun, and my trash talking even sucked most of day...Still a bad day winning all day is better than most other things I can think of, esp being back in cube today...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:02 pm 

the tazfordshay team all took pills and were still the most sober people there

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:31 am 

Use of Marla pills is not sanctioned by the AWVP

Death from above! Fire down below!