AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Weekend AAR
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 6:19 pm 

Saturday saw double duty at Riata and Argosy. Lloyd showed some effort at the first venue, maybe because it was his birthday. The only other thing I can remember about Riata ball was a scrub team beat a Riata squad, and then they got kicked out of the pool area before I could get a crack at them. I'm sure somebody set that up! We're having some trouble picking up the required numbers up there, so those who are on the fence about playing should show up so that there can be game, and maybe help the local team not lose! Somewhere Crawfish felt a disturbance in the Force...

Good turnout for late Saturday at Argosy. Players of the day go to Lawnmower Will on defense and the surprising rise of Creepy domination. New guy resident Sean got some more game time and continues to improve, he even survived the post-game party. Shay got her first block, I got my arm crushed by Jess, Jim Back put in a jumping good performance, Rhino brought his set game, Beth brought moonshine, which was a mixed blessing.

On to the rules according to Chief this year. I don't care what my neighbors say, safety meetings are to be held upstairs. You've been able to do this before, so do it again. I know we're starting late at the Obstacle this year--there are reasons for that, like keeping both pools in play and not dominating one all day, or all night for that matter. I don't like this testing the curfew thing--YOU ARE PLAYING TOO LATE. Last game is called by 9, so you're out and gone by 9:30 at the latest.

The easiest way to keep the Obstacle open is to avoid behavior that's gotten us in trouble in the past, and I already see disturbing patters being replicated. And it puts me in a foul mood to constantly have to hector people at the end of the day. You all know it's getting late, so get your 2's called down in time. Oh yeah, did anyone put the mat back when you were done?

Sunday was a tough one for me to get back in the saddle, but game eventually started at Riata. Jess must've eaten his blahberries, because he was dominant in all aspects of the game. TJ was going 0-fer against him at the net through most of the games, and our mighty under 6 foot squad, including Shay, shut out the competition in one game and took the best of three series. Honorable mention to T-Bone's Riata play on both days. Sadly, everyone was totally out of gas for a return to HQ, so I thankfully got to lie on my couch and watch the Lakers lose.

Death from above! Fire down below!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:36 pm 

Well said

Post subject: Re: Weekend AAR
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:56 pm 

Chief wrote:
the surprising rise of Creepy domination

it was the moonshine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 2:42 pm 

Just further emphasis here - don't fuck up the Argossy people. Mind the hours and days. Don't abuse it. You don't second chances that often, so don't fuck it up for the second time.