AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: JBD weekend
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:33 pm 

Saturday--games started rather late. After one win, an opposition super team formed rather early, consisting of TJ, Fish, Ford Jess, Will & Shay. Despite the presence of T2, Wescott, Lawnmower Will, and Creepy (somehow none of whom I could get on my team all at the same time), I was unable to defeat the superteam (although I managed to field teams that played them close and took them into OT at one stage). Sadly, neither was I able to get in on the games against what could best be termed Wild Boys Lite who rather boisterously threw down challenges on a couple of occasions, only to get in the water and then start saying, "Be careful, they're good" in favor of their opponents on the superteam. Fun to see, but I would've liked to participate. Becoming somewhat bored with the beatdowns, I decided I couldn't both take my ball Pinky and go home, so I just went home. I doubt things changed much after I left.

Sunday was a lot more promising--turnout was again a bit sparse at the beginning, but we did manage to get rolling with 5s and 6s. The superstar minus broken pinky reappeared after a week's hiatus and played sans Pinky, which arrived later in the day. The slightly degraded pimp hand proved adequate. The nucleus of the superteam soon began to form again, as Fish, Ford, Jess, TJ, and sometimes Will with a rotating supporting cast that included E dub, Jason, Jared, and Carson came out looking to repeat the previous day's glory. Through a series of games that featured large leads blown by both sides, it is my recollection that they held their own, but failed to dominate. I mainly played with Mikey, Will, Johnathan, Lloyd, Dwayne, and LJ, although the players did alternate somewhat.

Players of the day--just about everybody played very well, so give yourselves a hand. Riata Will is beginning to rediscover his special hitting purpose, Fish proved once again that little men can't hit by shooting the lights out on shots after every big boy combo had tried and failed, Lloyd moved like he was a point guard but was still swinging like a hitter, the Lip was freestylin mad trash to both friend and foe, with nary a drink in sight, Dwayne was hammering from the left. Oh yeah, and I'm especially proud of the two blocks I bestowed on Jethro for his birthday, although it was also fun to block E-dub after he turned me on to the Jack n' Juice that tastes like a peach, and deliver a couple of nice hits amongst the tall trees as well as a few tasty serves.

Enjoy your time while you can, peeps, for I fear the season is coming to an end fairly soon. I'd like to play through my B-Day (9/20), but we'll see.

BTW, I will not be held responsible for any of the depredations committed by Jethro/aka Charlie Manson once he began drinking the bottle of booze I gave him.

Death from above! Fire down below!