AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: An August opening
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:34 pm 

Riata 2X:

Saturday--enjoyed a liquid breakfast, so the day's events are a bit hazy, but we played pretty late. Mikey did the spikey, even though I became somewhat (more) hammered and listless as the day progressed, I could still pass. Jess & Ford have taken to showing up late, which adds to their freshness. Apparently Jim Backs running commentary on the game film for this day is particularly amusing.

On Sunday I ran into a guy named Rick who has seconded that there is game at the Artisan. He wasn't very specific on when he'd be there, but he left an open invitation for a Safari. Someone tell Spoons. as he lives somewhere nearby. Local celebrity Bob Richardson, of the law firm fame, also showed up, as did Pants and Nice Beth

I was a bit pekid in the pregame afternoon, but it really turned into a fun day. TJ was a 50 carry halfback on the day when it came to hitters, Wescott once again displayed the power of the little big man. Jared established himself as the most solid rookie blocker, and word has it I had a pretty good day as well when it came to sets, serves, and saves. Oh yeah, and I blocked Edub!

Of particular interest was two games featuring tall ball vs small ball (Small being Fish, me, Wescott, TJ, Jared, and attorney Kent) vs a much bigger team. where we held our own. I believe the other 6 were Jess, Ford, Audie, Dwayne, Pants, and Edub.

I would like to see the film from this day. Hell, I'd like to see any film from this year or last!

Death from above! Fire down below!