AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Mid July AAR
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:04 pm 

We've just about reached mid July, as the heat index indicates. There was plenty of ball to be had this weekend. Apparently the south side wild beards have discovered someplace to play? Although I don't remember hearing much about talented players.

I discovered that too many bloody Marys for breakfast is not always a good thing. But, it's Fraterday, so it couldn't be avoided. I was better off than the last weekend and was having a grand old time. I recall winning quite a few games and getting lots of chances to hit, but opinions vary on this. What memories I've been able so salvage involve Bunny blocks, and guys like Carson and Audi stepping up to make big plays when the big players were down or still trying to manage their thumb calibration. Strange days indeed.

JB attempted to play with the broken finger and was mostly able to do so, although he sort of faded away when we got back to the one true Obstacle.

This summer is building up an impressive number of casualties--nice Beth managed to heat stroke out, and Jess succumed to off the field issues, though he was able to stagger through some games late on Sunday.

But let's backup. Riata had about 4 teams worth of peeps eager to play, so it took some doing to get it all sorted out. We saw the birth of the wet/dry technology up there that I've implemented down here for many years now.

There were again notable Bunny blocks on the day, much to the chagrin of the recipients. A pretty decent squad of super hitters involving Juice Mikey, Will, Lloyd, me & Bunny finally dispensed with the ruling home team, who had won about 5 straight. Truly amazing shots in that game. This caused Fish to pull a Wescott and chew up a cup, then knock himself over in a tremendous fit. In another game, yours truly made it for about the 5th time to the 14 club, but failed to get that last magic point.

Lots of fight left in peeps by the time we got down to the Obstacle. Notables were the two games won by an underdog team--Chief Pants Tattoo Lip vs Ford Jess Juice Fish. We had just lost, rather badly a couple of times when Mikey was present and Tattoo was not. Besides the rather amazing victories, something else amazing happened--the Lip zipped himself. Kind of ran out of juice. Speaking of Joose, I had to dip into my supply when the very hammered denizens of Maggie's Farm showed up to close out the night with some truly attrocious volleyball.

So, all and all, about 7 hours of ball on Sunday. Not a bad way to close out the weekend.

Death from above! Fire down below!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:05 pm 

:shock:
py
what about cree

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:02 pm 

I've been scrambling to fix my video camera upload situation. Filmed a good one last wednesday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swXXz7PiTGc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:45 am 

The Lip did run out of steam after going 5 and 1 at the Riatata, 5 & 2 at the Obstacle, and full wknd of a desperate housewife in town wanting multiple pieces of me...Poor demented cute woman...I had to direct traffic there too...Point guard skills just come naturally to me in all aspects of my life...Oh, and winning...

:disco: