AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: For the Haters
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:13 pm 

This isn't meant to be an AAR, as there were plenty of good games on Saturday and more people who deserve a mention than myself. But, in the vein of the Lip's reports, and for certain haters at there who like to talk shit about my serving, this is for you. Sometimes haters are ignorant because they don't see very much of what is going on, which increases their haterness, while decreasing their connection with reality. Perhaps this is just such a case.

Two 5-0 runs to start out games on Saturday for the two-time reigning Server of the Year (myself). But oh, that's not all, as the newly sober Sheriff also went on a 7-0 run to begin another game. Yes, it's true that I can hit more than two serves in in a row. Amazing. Maybe there is a reason I've won the last two years.

Okay, I don't like tooting my own horn, so I'm going to stop now.

Ford's serve looks much improved, adding some pace with consistency. Could be some serious competition this year, as Taz also had some excellent serves, as did BR.

One other note -- Chief took his physical abuse with a typically workmanlike demeanor. I'm predicting that the left arm will fall off sooner rather than later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:49 am 

Nice

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:05 pm 

Saturday was fake mustache day at the pool.

Photos were taken.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:46 pm 

E-Dub won the mustache contest by looking the most French, with Bunny coming in a close second. I believe the mustaches were an excellent method of subterfuge, which will no doubt confuse and placate our nemesis--"Wait a minute, you are not the depraved pandas we expected! Please go about your frolicking in peace."

And frolic we did, until pretty darn late on Saturday.

Death from above! Fire down below!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:58 pm 

Sober Wescott, Baby Wescott, Whinning Wescott. You want some, come get some.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOYujFEXdYs

are you ready, ARE YOU READY!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:41 pm 

This has already been a great pre-season. The level of play is really looking superb right out of the gate.

Saturday's games were just awesome--Ford provided the inspiration to play until almost 10. And then, on Sunday, Jesus proclaimed that there would NOT be a day of rest, and it was good that it was so.

As per usual at this time of year, the Wild Boys are turning in the best team performance at the 2's level. I believe they put the hurt on a Ford Juice squad on Sunday.

Also on this day, the Olds (Chief Mikey Jess) took on Ford OJ T2, then Westcott(?) and there was a Crawfish involved at some point, and took an early lead in a 5 game series we didn't get to finish, but still enough that they should respect their elders! There were some absolutely amazing rallies.

One thing to add about the Sheriff shooting the lights out on serving, which indeed he did--much of this was done in the dark, which means there's a * next to the stats, sort of like wind aided in track, I believe that Jess Chief Juice rallied from down 0-9 to beat his team in the midst of one of those performances, and I've been quietly racking up some impressive point totals off serve as well recently.

Hellboy joined the fray, and blocked me, then Mikey, and was really stoking up some hellfire on his serves, but he ran out of helljo (hellish mojo) or forgot to pack enough brimstone, or something, and, after 2 games, Hell's kitchen was closed.

Much has been left out and become rather hazy--I really need to get on these AARs more quickly, which could be achieved if the powers that be would figure out why I can't post from home but can at work.

Death from above! Fire down below!