AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:00 am 

Early Fall Ball was called forth by FordNation...Sometimes being the planner is as good as it gets on beautiful ATX Fight Nights like this particular TT

We shall call this, "The Night the Lip's Teams Ruled the Obstacle Once Again"…JesusLip vs WildFord….Checkmark Lip’s team….3v3 Checkmark Lip’s team….4v4 Checkmark Lip’ team….Two 5v5 games, you guessed it Checkmark Lip….4v4 one blemish….Last 4v4 Game of the night for the Lip, that’s right CHECKMARK LIP….

Now, I ask in all sincerity: If you refused to be on the Lip’s teams last night was it Pride, Stupidity, or the Challenge…Now let me breakdown those three choices for the masses…

If it was Pride: Marcellus Wallace in Pulp Fiction says it better than even The Lip could, “The night of the fight, you may feel a slight sting. That's pride fucking with you. Fuck pride. Pride only hurts, it never helps.”

If it was Stupidity: Well, everyone should know by now the glory hitters don’t “Win or Hit It In” w/o true point guards raising the level of play for entire team, and providing a cornucopia, plethora, myriad, and/or shit ton set opps to get their brief moment of spiking glory…

If it was the Challenge: Well, this is the only acceptable excuse for being on the losing end so many times…To know you are up against a player making his team better for the wins, nothing else, but the wins; and wanting to take that team down more than almost life itself because you know it will feel so good to know you took down an almost unstoppable force of Karma, Team Play, Positive Energy, and Superior Strategy might just make you feel alive and free of these earthly bonds for one fleeting moment…

Well then, I say that is almost admirable, but of course so is going home 5 and 1! Booyeh…

I leave you w/ one other thought to ponder: How come hitters only win the MVP in the AWVP, as Crawfish, Chief, and I have proven oh so many countless times over the seasons: Hitters provide the highlights, but point guards provide the majority of wins…Granted, it is give and take and both need each other, but the so called big hitters need to realize that Cloud Nine becomes 1 and 5 record w/o the Jkidds of Water Volleyball!

I KNOW YALL CAN HEAR ME, BUT ARE YOU LISTENING?!?! THE LIP HAS SPOKEN…

Other notes:

Big Shot Rob has picked up his game big time this season, and is encroaching on taking Will for most improved…

T2 kept it mostly together and contributed to his own great record w/ great all around play and doing the dirty work…

Sadie is warrant clean after having her license run by cops again

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:55 pm 

Did you have to have any operations (i.e. rib removal) to be able to suck your own dick or were you born with that ability?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:24 pm 

It comes naturally...I did give much credit to teamwork and teamplay...I just happen to "point" (get it) out being an intergral part of all those victories...

Dont be bitter, I believe you were only on losing end of 2 of the 3 games I played w/ you on other side of the net...

Also, dont worry everyone can get a chance to get more wins tonight...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:13 pm 

1-1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:15 pm 

I'm sure with the proper attention to statistics we could determine certain keys to your sucksess other than your overlipping presence. Just something to ponder...

Death from above! Fire down below!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:19 pm 

I choose to have selective memory and not ponder your negative assertions CHIEF...

We want JimBackChief Back

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:20 pm 

:roll: Lardtardwannabaguard if you are licking yer tip over that performance then the rest of the year u really sucked :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:08 pm 

in that nice long tribute to yourself i didnt see anything about you comin to play tonight. and i dont think coming out one night and gettin loud is enough to campaign for mvp. also you didnt concede the fact that some of those games were won by serving to one individual over and over again to score the last five or six points of the game. i wouldve like to seen you admit that because you know it happened. as much as we all would like to win every game we can, we don't keep serving to the weakest player. it's not sanctioned. member in twos you were yellin about me and jess serving to you first? sayin that it was smart of us? when it went to mike first, you think that was an accident? you think we couldntve kept servin to you first?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:27 pm 

Its funny you say I wont admit the serving of one of of my teammates to one player too much, when I admitted to you last night that happened, and I even requested a few times for that not to happen from our server...My rule as you know is to serve to weakest never 2x in a row guy or girl, unless it is guy that thinks he is good like Tinman or Steve's friend from Dallas...

I dont mind yall serving to me 1st every time in 2s...I should be good enough to overcome that strategy and either dink yall or get the ball to Mikey on 2...

Seriously people, I apologize for having a great time and night, and providing a very accurate AAR...I will refrain from the truth from now on :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:58 pm 

hey lip sounds like you had a hell of a tuesday after ball tonight or tomorrow i'm sure you have a big after party downtown with you and your groupies.. you know a pimp like you always needs to look his best.. this might help you out: http://www.projectbig.net/ you and keith can go together :bear:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:44 am 

Hey, I always go to that site to get my clothes before Troy, Joe, and I go out. Hey L.J., want to go downtown with me next time I'm in town? I know this great pizza place downtown in Austin, we can eat 4 or 7 pizzas then go talk to some ladies. Us larger men need to stick together.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:10 pm 

Siragusa, please :x