AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: AAR BT
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:49 pm 

Good attendance this time around: Navy, Back, Wild Boys, Pants, Creepy, OJ & Mr. Tasty. Beth brought pizza, which made me wish I wasn't on a liquid diet.

Early games had Chief, Pants & OJ matching up against the recently knighted Navy (I dub thee, Sir Out-A-Lot) and his mighty steed Backasus. The efforts of this knight and pony show were insufficient to overcome the aforementioned fearsome threesome.

When sufficient pandas arrived, hot four on four action began. I'm very impressed with the level of play out of the gate this year. The battlescars borne by many a panda, in the form of net rash and bruises, reflect that the number of hard-fought close games is likely to increase as the season progresses. "Yes, these are bruises from water-volleyball. Yes, I'm comfortable with that. I am enlightenened."

We have not played the best of 3 match we contracted for at the last awards ceremony yet, because the vets have had trouble getting their squad to the Obstacle at the same time. We have participated in two separate engagements vs. the Wild Creepy Back Show with the substitute Jesus, and the forces of darkness have emerged victorious--barely so last night. First game went to vets 16-14 (I stuffed Creepy twice in a row on game point!); we let the second one get away from us after going up 14-9, then lost the last game 15-8.

We eagerly await the Second Coming of the true Messiah. I've been reading up in the handbook: "Care and Maintenance of your Superstar" that is issued to point guards with each new model that comes off the line. The Revised Edition includes a chapter, "Bringing up Big Baby."

Big Shot Rob wants to play, but can't play on Big Thursday. He can play on Wednesday, so if the rest of the BT pandas are agreeable to playing on Wednesday instead, we can move the date. This would be called Wet Wednesday, but since this is Friday, it's of little importance.

Death from above! Fire down below!

Post subject: hey chief
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:34 am 
if you want your watervolleyball league to be a success, quit trying to include everyone in the after action reports, just tell my stats and bio.. you know sportscenter doesn't start with the lamest story that start with top story... so get it straight or i'll find someone else(brandon) to handle the aar... :x