AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 4:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:56 pm 

I will grant that there was much chaos at Riata today from the people that wouldnt leave the corner to usual drunkeness...I do talk much crap, but through that crap there is much truth most of the time...

OJ and Jethro found a 2 man game in sixes means a 1 and 7 record on the day...

The hissy fits kind of cracked me up at the end of the day...there are plenty of "average" games and players at the Obstacle much of the time too...We all know the better games are later in the evening when the core addicted to this game are only ones left...

Anyway, I do call a challenge match...Crawfish, Edub, Ford, John, me, and one other against any Arg six...The gauntlet has been dropped gentlemen...

Last edited by The Lip on Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:20 pm 

crawfish has to understand that when he is in the pool that he can't be point guard, meet and greeter, camera man, fish, and icon. i've never been so disappointed in the fish man :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:25 pm 

that is one of the few times i totally agree w/ you...chief has to throw fits to get the challenge games to happen, and thats what jim should have done...hurt feelings of those that dont get to play that one game heal in 15 minutes when the next game starts, and those sitting out are in...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:39 pm 

as for punishment for crawfish, i suggest that he has to play his next ten games with you, chief, that drunk guy at riata, doc, and tattoo jim.... and tattoo has to brown out every game. :finga:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:12 pm 

why am I being involved?

Glitterbug, how clean boys get dirty!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:20 pm 

because doc, i don't know that much about pyhiscs BUT i know somewhere you are behind this whole mess. you better come play today bish, that's right crawfish... you and lip v. the schzback :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:14 am 

This isn't hard to understand.

We come to play ball. The trim is nice, the pool is nice, and the games can be just fine. What isn't is people sitting in the pool while we play and games that stop every five seconds for whatever reason. It just gets frustrating.

You want the nice girls, then get out of the pool and go talk to them. Maybe even bring them back to the pool for ball. Just play when the game is on.

And for the record I was the least grumpy Agossy baller at Riata on Saturday, and yes that is a first. I was under female pressure to return closer to the homestead....

I will frequent more Saturdays at your fine establishment. I will just make sure to meditate ahead of time to avoid inherent faggotry induced grumpiness.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:26 pm 

I think the bottomline for most is we all just want to play in good games at whatever venue...The disparity of talent/skills/effort has just created a big gap between most of the regulars, and especially the casual players...

The scenery is definately nice at Riata, but I go to either place for the Vball...Granted, the state of the pool at the Obstacle the last few weeks and ear infections did affect me some...

On side note, there was plenty of grub grilled yesterday, and mostly good to awesome games yesterday til 830; including a 6'1" womens basketball player from Nebraska that bounced a few balls out of the pool and would have put many Pandas to shame talentwise...pretty and impressive...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:01 pm 

nothing beats argosy action live.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:00 am 

Argosy Live=
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Mv0KsuyiSU

Last edited by Deto on Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:01 am 

That was video from our last award ceremony. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:05 pm 

Sir, yellow card!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:54 pm 

I look forward to good games, under the proper conditions.

Getting six players shouldn't be much of a problem. But will they be of my choosing, or does Riata reserve the right to borrow a couple of them should they come up short handed, and replace them with players of their own choosing?

No worries, I can always rely on extra help, in the form of the peanut gallery who hangs out on the court. Let's throw in some kids with water wings on both sides, just to make things interesting. How about a couple of footballs and other foreign objects as well?

We should also switch balls after every serve, just to maximize the uncertainty factor.

And why play the game if we don't have total coverage? Play should be stopped after every side out to make sure we've got the proper camera angle, and should not resume until this fact is firmly established. This will give everyone plenty of time between plays to get a beer and take care of their other personal needs.

I'll be back up for the long weekend. But let's just try to condense, rather than incense, the nonsense, at both venues.

Death from above! Fire down below!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:30 pm 

It really is annoying when there's people chilling inside the volleyball pool. Are they trying to make a statement or something? I don't get it.

--------------------------------------------------------
"If rubbin' frozen dirt in your crotch is wrong...hey, i don't wanna be right."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:38 pm 

Thats why we dont come till 4 or 5, cause all the fukn idiots :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:58 pm 

From the Book of Panda, Sodom and Riata chapter:

And so the Riata-ites of the Koala tribe did wander onto the holy obstacle, there to encamp and begin to practice their heathen rituals, heedless of the divine combat taking place around them.

At first, the Jesii looked upon them as one would lost children, and said, "Poor souls, they know not what they do." But, when the holy gospels were explained to them not once, not twice, but thrice, it became clear that the Koalas haughtily rejected the practices of the Holy Orb, and sought by their presence to defile the Northern Obstacle and the Great Game itself.

Lo, then did the Riata-ites of the Koala tribe learn it is not wise to anger the Jesii of Argosy, for they sent their messenger, the Sheriff, to smite the Koalas. And after the smiting, he told unto them the curse they and their children, and their childrens' children will suffer under:

"The Holy Orb will blot out the sun, and descend upon your tribe in fiery glory. Thou wilt see five letters built of fire, and the Holy Orb will crash amongst you, crushing bodies and searing flesh. Behold, this is the wrath of the Argosy. As punishment for your arrogance and pride in ignoring the ways of the Great Game, thou shalt henceforth bear the Mark of Misty, as shall all members of the Koala tribe who dare to stray into the lands of the Northern Obstacle and so by seek to disrupt the Great Game. Disrupt it thou shalt not, lest thee feel the pain of the Holy Orb!"

Death from above! Fire down below!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:22 pm 

You go girl :supz: