AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Weekend AAR Jun 08
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:11 pm 

Surprsingly, after ball on Friday followed by an all night poker party, I was ready to go for...

Riata Saturday: With all the off the field craziness, it's like the Wild West this year. Also lots of new people interested in playing, lots of whom talk better than they walk. Behold the benefits of Argosy training, in the form of a 6 game winning streak. I don't think any team scored more than 6 on us, either.

Recruiting new players is important, and winner stays in is likely to drive them away, because it's a system that doesn't address disparity in skill level--those trying to learn don't get to develop, and those who know what they're doing never learn to play with new people.

For those running the show up there, you may want to consider making some adjustments.

We also attracted a sizeable draw at the Obstacle for late games, which included, as usual, some pretty bad ass rallies.

Turnout was slow on Sunday, but lots of new people. Welcome to the NFL, rookies! I hope you enjoyed the experience.

I'll let others chime in with their favorite notables for the weekend! See you all again soon.

Death from above! Fire down below!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:56 pm 

I hated to miss a weekend of fighting, but a guy has to visit his folks every now n then...

Another reason to modify winner-stay-in: If a bunch of non-residents stay in all day (winner stay in) and residents start complaining, it'll be bye bye venue. At the very least, do something like winner play two games, sit one out, then get back in. Besides, that will give you more time for safety and bathroom breaks. Do we really want to look around for yet another place to get kicked out of?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:37 pm 

I, for one, would like to lay claim to my Sunday game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:06 pm 

lj and e dub and i went out to riata on sunday before we went to argosy and those guys weren't so cocky and they were disappointed that we werent playin there

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:48 pm 

yeah our chemistry really was a difference maker. they had no answers for "chief's six" ball movement

Post subject: Mark of Misty
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:19 pm 

I would like to point out that I left the Mark of Misty on some fucker (looked like an Aggie) who insisted on standing either in the corner of the pool or right by the edge of the pool on the south side. Trying to hit a serve down the line, I opened up my shoulder and smacked the dude in the back. Hit it hard, too. A couple minutes later I looked over and noticed that had a red mark on his back clearly showing the imprint of two panels. Cracked me up. Move thyself from the pools edge or feel the Mark of Misty upon thou! That's all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:03 am 

that was one of the better moments of the wknd...guy tried to act like that smack didnt hurt...funny shit...