AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: AAR-March Madness
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:56 pm 

The AWVP never misses a chance to play ball. As the trusty Groundhog observed and some of you Pandas might have noticed, it was sunny this weekend (Hi 80's), and the pool was less cold.

We had sufficient turnout both days to do some 5-on-5. For those who complain about crowded games, remember it's better to have more than enough players than to be missing the requisite number as Navy & I already found out on a certain Cold Thursday.

So far our new balloon technology seems to be proving effective. I'll be submitting a budget proposal for supplementary spending on a Balloon Defense Shield,which will envelop the Obstacle on all sides and have a tall enough roof to allow moon balls. This ought to do the trick on keeping sound under control as well.

Honorable mentions for Saturday to Tony (1 for actually showing up, 2nd for showing up with good game--must be something about the water, or maybe that squirrels have recently be sighted near the Obstacle), and to Amber for being the only female to brave the conditions so far (I forgot, Patty Prissy Pants played once this year).

Plays of the day go to Dammit Spice (2 of them--both showing some wicked hustle and impossible angles), but he wandered off for a long time during the middle of the day.

Speaking of wandering off, Shame Badge X2 is well deserved for our fragile Superstar MVP, who broke himself the night before each day of play.

He also gets play of the day for Sunday-after a block by OJ which bounced off the net, hit the top of the pole, and was then dispatched by the OTJ (One True Jesus)

Honorable mentions to me for my brilliant setting, which led Jesus to smite the opposition not once, not twice, but thrice with full force--and to you bastards on the other side who dug that shit--we lost that point.

I'll title this AAR "How Chief got his Groove back," or at least decided not to retire just yet. Prior to this, cold can make cowards and thumbless wonders of us all. But it looks like it's going well so far, and ahead of schedule.

Death from above! Fire down below!