AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 10:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: FINAL REPORT
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:28 am 

The pool is open, albeit without the accoutrements necessary to play ball. They have taken down the one forlorn pole and, although the big pool was populated by frolicking children, the Obstacle remained vacant and unused.

This is what they mean by "The pool is here for the enjoyment of the residents?" No poles, no net, no game. Game over.

Almost. I'll let them think they've won, for now... They left the holes for the poles, so I figure next year I come out Sunday afternoons with PBC pipes and my own net, set it up, and break it down & pack it in when we're done for the day.

Death from above! Fire down below!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:30 am 

Fuck it, let's go bowling

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:11 pm 

Chief, call me tonight. Idea....

Navy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:46 pm 

Although disgusted, I am more frightened for the fate of those two holes. I think we have a few pandas who have wanted to have "relations" with the obstacle for some time.

They will get us out of the Argosy when they remove our swollen corpses from the pool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:51 pm 

We could perform human sacrifices until the Gods return our net & poles...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:57 pm 

are the poles still around to be saved?

Glitterbug, how clean boys get dirty!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:00 pm 

I never saw them get thrown away, but they are not where they were during the renovation/destruction of the beloved O. First to go was the pole with the net. Then they took the other one down around the time the pool opened this weekend.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:05 pm 

p wrote:
Although disgusted, I am more frightened for the fate of those two holes. I think we have a few pandas who have wanted to have "relations" with the obstacle for some time.

They will get us out of the Argosy when they remove our swollen corpses from the pool.

:lol:, deto i believe he is directing that towards you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:07 pm 

I would like to believe that ball at the Argosy is not dead, because I feel like the Argosy is my home court and my favorite place to play. If management is going to be a dick about our playing there, the only possibly leverage we can gain will come from enlisting other residents to play. To this end, putting flyers around the complex and possibly starting a petition to put the net and poles up again seem to be our best option. I refuse to believe that we will never play there again--there has to be something we can do to end this stalemate. It looks as though this horrible season is coming to an end, but we can look forward to next season and work proactively to return all the sad Pandas to their rightful habitat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:37 pm 

I like the passion, but I feel drawing more attention to the situation with flyers, recruitment, and petition is the exact worst plan of action.

Easing back into it is best play in my opinion, than all of a sudden status quo is upon them again and they cant remember how things went back to normal despite the best laid plans.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:44 pm 

Without a home I am a lost soul. Somebody better do something before the Riata claims the False Messiah as one of their own :shock:

--------------------------------------------------------
"If rubbin' frozen dirt in your crotch is wrong...hey, i don't wanna be right."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:00 pm 

Very astute. I don't think they want me to play cruise director and get as many residents as possible organized and out there to play. They'd just cite some other rule or make one up to shut it down. "Resident enjoyment" is actually code for "No fun of any kind." If you take away the toys, it's awfully hard to get new residents interested in playing with them. Creates a bit of a Catch 22, don't it?

The missing net/poles creates something of a new wrinkle, and you would think other problems would not be insurmountable. If I got three JUST THREE other residents to play, I've got 12 players and it's LEGAL (minus the noise & the drinking) more or less. I've pretty much given up on any homeless pandas coming to the rescue by living here. So it looks like I'll be going down with the ship.

I'll be calling the office on some unrelated unresolved HQ maintenance issues soon, but I'm basically afraid to ask WTF? As long as they don't tell me watervolleyball is banned, I won't know that I'm not supposed to setup and take down my own show on Sundays.

I think it's just best to take up the struggle next season, after they think they've defeated the AWVP, and their new baby pool has suffered a few pool parties and maybe some inquiries from other old school residents about what happened to the volleyball court.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:49 pm 

i can't be specific, but don't be around the argosy pool this saturday 9/22, let's just say that something is going to happen :bear: