AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:11 am 

Well, the wknd started off rocky to put a positive spin on it...The Monte Vista Saturday experience can be summed up by a late start, not wide enough net, slippery court, multiple occurrences of collapsing net, hungover pandas w/o faculties to play which is saying something I have not seen often…Overall grade: one of the worst days of fight in history of water volleyball…

Sunday at Riata: Complete 180 to Saturday…After playing 2 or 3 games w/ some lackluster natives to say the least, the games improved to great to greater status…some great 6v6 games late into the evening…We are gathering some talented sand volleyballers that are beginning to get the bug for the water version…Games were competitive and fun enough that had us playing games to 21 and 31 just to keep the good fight going…There were many notable performances…TJ powered some Misti Mays thru multiple defenders…Eric and Rich probably had the most devastating spikes of the day…Tinman had his normal 3 to 2 to 1 ratio…that being for every 3 spikes attempted 2 are not successful, and only one attempted block for every 3 attempted spikes…Old Man Charlie played like a mad man as well never missing a serve, some great spikes, and multiple blocks…Ronin Steve had an up and down game...Cobra Kai Kent pulled off 2 headers which is one more than usual…Atty Scott had his normal superstar could be one of the best players beginnings that quickly digresses to “one and out” consistency…Ford is adjusting to Riata and coming up w/ consistent diving saves, his usual power, and some Magic Johnson backwards/no look sets…Yours truly had my normal consistent serving, setting, point guarding day, and finished the day off w/ slam side out…slam game over, and we all went our separate ways…

Side notes: We think we can get a good evening game going at Riata due to some residents being interested…Big Thursday should be on there this week…

-Chief, how was the double secret probation game yesterday???Hope it was better than Saturday’s Montevista debacle…

-Tramor at the Arboretum on Great Hills Trail is pillagable option for safari w/ very similar dimensions to Monte, but a net that actually stays up and stretches COMPLETELY across the court…

And finally, Crawfish go to bed and get some sleep this wk…lol…

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:39 pm 

Note to self: better management of the Friday-Saturday transition is in order, the bottom line being don't show up to play 7 times distilled. Deto relearned ths lesson on Sunday.

Monte Vista was something of a disappointing venue, due to the flimsy net, numerous slippery spots, drain pain, and some pretty lackluster play. Although the bizarre addition of the "changing room" curtained off area they have set up next to the pool is something I've never seen before. I hope the slippery issue was not a harbinger of post construction difficulties, and that the ladders newly installed at home are not there for us to hold on to in order to maintain footing.

Clearly the old folks team has a lot of work to do. I recall getting spanked pretty severely. If only we could turn Tin Man into Tin Machine...

Ford & Hannah played fine, but LJ got so disgusted at the general level of suck that he took off on a scouting mission to Tammor. I still disagree in terms of the net height--I scouted this place with Doc Shizzle a couple of years back (actually got in and batted the ball around for about 15 minutes) and I remember the net being waay too low for our purposes. Did they raise it?

BTW, does anyone have my beat up red and black ball? I took off in a hurry and left it behind on Saturday.

And why was I leaving in a rush? I was hoping to escape the mob of locals armed with torches and pitchforks that should have been assembling to run us off. Really, people. If we're trashy with out empties, our speech, and our behavior, it's going to be a very short day for me, because I don't intend to stick around for the consequences that are so richly deserved. At least I sucked in relative silence. Enough, already!

From Chief to Chicken Man--Beyond the Glory: The KN Story

I simply will not subject the Double Secret Venue (DSV) to this type of abuse. The "chicken man" has managed to procure a running invitation at this place, and they've improved quite a bit in the 2 years it's been since we last visited. They also checked out the website, which is cool. For Pandas who are searching for a home, you might want to try living at this place. They are in need of a new net, though, so I'm thinking it's probably time to stop by Academy...

So Doc got to say "servisss" again on Sunday, and Deto, Thomas ("Iceman") JB and Pants filled out the rest of the squad. Most of the marquis crew was playing baseball, but they had their Scott and a couple of sand ballers, Randle and KZ (Kevin Zone) who provided competition, even though the last new ball in my possession (Red White & Blue balls) is pretty darn slippery.

I may switch and hit DSV on Saturday this week, to avoid the possible baseball drain of players. I'd like to catch some game at the Riata soon. Let me know when you've got the heat pacified again, and get some digits from the sand ballers and persuade them to at least show up for the head count. Whip that place into shape, Crawfish!

Death from above! Fire down below!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:18 pm 

nice summary of your secret mission...pretty impressive or very bad oppnenents if the under 5'6" team plus pants put some whoopings on that location...lol...hahahahahaahahahahaahahahahah...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:23 pm 

I guess that means extra shame when my 5'3" stature shows you up in the obstacle.

Glitterbug, how clean boys get dirty!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:29 pm 

yeah crawfish get your shit together, i thought the Phelps Foundation was open for business, i guess the only thing that is open is your mouth :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:42 pm 

When u run your mouth then get crushed all day just run away fatty. :roll:
I liked the Vista get a new net its fine. The safety net was ideal 4 safety squad. :lol:
:finga:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:03 pm 

Be nice. This is hardly conducive of the spirit of good fellowship we should be attempting to promote.

Death from above! Fire down below!