AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Two spoonfuls of AAR
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:34 pm 

That's two scoops for the price of one!

Theme for the weekend: we take it over! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZqd5Bqqtr8

Scoop #1: Lincoln Oaks. Once we found out there was not net at Cap Rock(damn them!), It was time to take the panda show on the road. But where to? Mirage is no longer an option, so we decided to go old school and followed JB's advice and hit this place. Not bad at all--squarish court, 4 ft deep, shorter than our Obstacle, lower net, as usualbut still good for 2-4 each side.

When we got up there, a couple of locals, Brad and Kris, were chillin with Crawfish & TJ. They are the best players LO has to offer, but, as with most outlanders, technology level is not on par with ours.

Equipment problems also quickly arose. Their net now has a hole in it you can drive a truck throuh. At one point JB was so far in the net it was twisted up like a pretzel. The Back Foundation may wish to contribute something sturdier. There's a slight tree blockage problem but not too severe.

So we had me, JB, Jess, TJ, Lloyd, Ford (late arrival, after overhaul based on late night driving on Friday night, no doubt!), LJ (who still can't believe he's not skinny). Did I leave anybody out? One person left out in the cold was Jess when I put the stuff on his hammer hit.

LO is a nice pretty nice venue--friendly residents, one of whom already has a nickname (Ace), another who has a rather undeserved nickname (Kobe), game goes until dark and then some, area to cook for grubbin, which led to some excellent sausages courtesy of Crawfish.

Speaking of being left out in the cold, we need to remember that you can't freeze out residents and their friends from games. I'm looking at you here, TJ. You can't be telling people to get out of the pool because they lost when you're in the pool right after you lost!

So as day turned into night, we exited LO, and partied old school at Crawfish's place before heading back to World HQ--ain't no part like an HQ party cause the HQ party don't stop. At least not for me, all night and into the day.

Which leads to scoop #2: new neighbors. There's a knock on the door in the midst of the unsafety festival, JB answers it, and it's one of my neighbors, asking for spoons. "Spoons!" I think to myself, "Spoons! I have spoons! Good god, what are they up to?" Turns out the goal of their conspiracy was to eat breakfast, since they hadn't unpacked.

When they returned with the spoons, JB sold them on the gospel of gospel of water-volleyball, a moment which could probably best be described by the Fear and Loathing line, "Get in!" So with a bottle of v already and some unsafetee already on board, I was ready to rumble. To Lincoln Oaks!

Me JB, and the two rookies fresh out of the box beat the home grown players all day. Chants of "Argosy! Argosy! Argosy!" filled the air. We did learn on day 2 that they are not fans of jungle at LO--I was called for a couple of pretty incidental net contacts on Sunday. Still, I think the satisfaction of the slamma jamma and the intimidation factor was still well worth it!

Game was slow to start up there, so we played a little 2 on 2 with our new neighbor friends. Stephanie (Sets) plays for Huston Tillotson, so she's pretty good. This gives me ideas! Grand opening at the Obstacle will involve a challenge vs. this squad! Her boyfriend (Spoons) learned quickly. They were down for a whole day of ball. Which it looked like we were going to get as more and more people started to show up, including a couple of nice lookin ladies.

Problem is, almost no one lived there, and by day 2 management began to notice. So, abra craptabra, the office monkey appears, and reminded us that the watervolleyball pool is for the residents to enjoy their games in, not for us (wouldn't let us finish the game we were playing!). Feeling a bit saucy(!), I popped off, "Well, since there are only two of them here, they won't have much of a game to enjoy without us, now will they?" They were sad to see us go, and our departure was to the tune of "watervolleyball.net" from members of the crowd.

I don't think our exit really slowed down the party much, but we decided to take our orb elsewhere. Time for a plan B, but what, and more importantly, where?

Let's try Marquis de Faggotry again! It's been a year, maybe even two, since I showed up and threw down the gauntlet to these peeps. Gate security was penetrated (I think we used to have the code, but I forgot), and there was in fact game to be had. Quite a bit of it, in fact. They probably had 15-20 people poolside, so there were whole teams waiting in the wings. There were some familiar faces, with which I cannot currently connect names--no sign of Sexy Sarah, though. Perhaps Chandler had to shame hump his way to another complex after the beatings that were handed out the last time Panda Corps came to town... I was quickly reminded of my not so flattering nickname up there--"Chicken Man." due to the headfake thing I do on serves. I am known by many names...

For those who haven't been, MDF has a court that's quite a bit shorter than what we're used to (kind of like Lincoln Oaks), but is a lot wider, so go angle when you can. Net is lower, but not that much lower than what we're used to. Except when Mr. Back tore it all the way down on like the second play after we got in (no fears, twas repaired). They appear to play mainly 5s there, game play is average to above average, with a couple of guys who are at our level. Jungle ball is tolerated but not encouraged.

So once again, it's me JB, and our two spoon rookies vs. the local forces. They gave us a 5th, Brian, who turned out to be neither Muhammad nor Jugh Dish. He good, and stayed with our squad for the rest of the day. We went on to win like 4 games straight before the oposition figured out how to hit the weak link.

I did show them how real men play ball--somehow, Mr. Back's hard head got underneath my jaw in a diving save. So someone asks, "Are you chewing tobacco? Because there's something on your teeth." "No, I respond, that's blood." Smile when you say that!. Still bleeding when I brushed my teeth this morning.

So a good time was had at MDF as well. Once again, we spread the gospel and told the heathens about the website. I asked for and received an invitation to bring 4-5 people next weekend to play there. You notice I said WEEKEND?!

I do not want you people crashing these venues every freakin day of the week--it's only going to lead to more ambushes, or worse. At best, we might able to play ONE weekday at some place like the Riata around 7, or coordinate with residents for ONE weekday somewhere else. And these days should be on a rotating schedule--you're there one week, but not the next, etc. I might be willing to try the Riata one day this week if Crawfish is on board, and things will improve there if TJ moves in (we were talking about this this weekend. Listen up, all you apartment dwelling pandas! If you're going to move into a place, make sure it has a playable net! This is for the good of the Corps, so take a hit for the team!). However, LO and MDF need a rest until this weekend, where I have an invitation (if not an engraved one) to play.

I heard there was Sunday game at Riata. How'd you pull that off, and why didn't anyone call me? At least can I get an AAR?

Word for the day--SPOONS!

Death from above! Fire down below!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:45 pm 

The Riata AAR was posted slightly before your Little Woman/Moby Dick length AAR...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:51 am 

that is alot of writing chief did, but there was more action than that, i have a softball size knot on my head from a backflip, hungover as hell and it's tuesday :bear:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:40 am 
Site Admin

The second 6/10/2007 video is up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:38 am 

Camera work was giving me a headache, but good to see action from only six weeks agao? Seems like so much longer!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:04 pm 

Worst season ever. :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:08 pm 

Except that we're finally forced to safari. Sure, we make some mistakes (Mirage), but we're finally learning that there is other (semi) intelligent life out there, we're improving our "first contact" skills, and will hopefully be the better for it all the way around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:12 pm 

I agree with the shamed panda. I miss Arrrrrrrgosy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:35 pm 

Maybe it will open up again in Awwwgust

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:39 pm 

college boy wrote:
Worst season ever. :x

Oh, has the season started?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:22 pm 

Of course! These last six weeks have been part of an elaborate conspiracy. Just prance on out to the Obstacle and jump right in!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:43 pm 

The rain has done more to derail this season than the Obstacle's facelift...The games have been decent to great at the other venues, so for those that havent been playing you are missing out much of the time...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:51 pm 

Hey, nobody misses home more than me. But LJ's got a point. Everywhere we go we make a splash, because the locals realize pretty quickly that we represent something a little different than they've ever seen before!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:24 pm 

I certainly believe that, Chief!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:10 pm 

Must be kind of what people felt like when the Mongols stopped by their village for a little friendly visit...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:11 pm 

Or how the polyps in W's ass felt when the surgeon came a knocking. Probably depended on the mood of the squad.

Navy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:45 pm 

Some of you have expressed interest in learning more about these polyps.

Please click here - http://www.theonion.com/content/amvo/5_ ... ushs_colon

Navy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:16 pm 

yes p the season has started the past two weeks have been wild, wilder than the wild boys, kicked out, called out, and have knocked out the competition. hall a lou ya hall a lou jim back

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:50 pm 

The Jim Back Foundation is now open for business!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:27 pm 

What is this Jim Back Foundation? Foundation implies stability, and well, you know.....

Navy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:45 pm 

The Jim Back Foundation for Self Promotion and Home for Wayward Award Whores--in these particular categories JB has shown amazing stability.

BTW, it's "hallelujah" and holla Chief!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:13 pm 

Is this shameless self promotion and award whoring or the garden variety? And how much of my contribution goes to each? Actually, I don't give a shit.

And now a song about badgers:

Bananas have no lips *Mmm*
Bananas split!
Bananas unite!
You lean to the left
You lean to the right
You peel your banana
And *UGH* you take a bite!
Go bananas! Go, go bananas!!

Navy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:19 pm 

That is a fine song about badgers.

This is another song about badgers.

Last edited by p on Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:08 pm 

Damn Pat....Stop being so judgemental.

Navy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:48 pm 

Good point. You will find everything as it should be now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:51 pm 

That's not a song about badgers, it's a song about mushrooms!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:15 pm 

Damn Chief...Stop being so judgemental

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:07 pm 

Stop badgering me about being judgemental!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:08 pm 

Cheif, you're going bananas on P!

Navy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:01 pm 

you moms going bananas on p :bear: