AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:07 am 

As our nomadic summer w/ no true home continues we actually had a great wknd of fight.

Saturday: Lincoln Oaks is a great 4v4 venue, although the net is probably lowest of any of the safari nets…More importantly, the natives were welcoming and competitive natured even if the skill did not match enthusiasm…Crawfish provided some notable rain grilling barbq for the group……4 notable events in my humble opinion from Saturday: Played in a literal monsoon for about an hour; one of the moms emphatically told her kids to get out of the volleyball section of pool so we could play; Jim Back and 4 natives legitimately won one game vs five AWVP regulars (more proof that Artest Back could be the best AWVP player if he had mental stability); and we had at least 20 spectators at 930 in the evening…

Sunday: commenced after 3pm at the Riata…Riata’s got it for one day rang true…great weather, good scenery, lots of newblood that had tremendous sand volleyball skill that they converted into some competitive water vball games…Much to report from yesterday: games started out w/ Rally scoring which I found very interesting because the serve means so much more when a point is scored for the other team on every “super summer sucky serve” that goes awry…T2 had a hell of a day serving...either a near ace or a net slam by the big man, Todd…not one other result in 6 hours of ball it seemed for T2…Of course, I want to talk about the 15-0 skunk of 6, yes 6 sanctioned AWVP regulars, and in that 15-0 ass whooping 13 consecutive serves from me from 2-0 to 15-0…did I mention that I had no AWVPers on my team…I know it is not the 15 in a row that Jess talks about, but it was damn close and I am sure he didn’t have all natives on his team nor do I believe his was a 15-0 skunkaroo…Enough of that topic unless anyone would like more fantastic detail…there was also a game that I left to play softball where the score was 44-39 I believe at last count and the game was to end when someone got up by 10 or the 1st to score 101…I do not know which happened 1st, so someone will have to finish the story on that report…

Good wknd of fight…there were some rockets hit by Tinman who actually played some d once he got mad, TJ, and 2 of the big sand players…well, that’s what I remember of a damn good wknd…

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:53 pm 

Nice AAR. I agree about the friendliness of the LO crowd. I left my keys and wallet there on Sunday (oops!) and they were still there when we went back later on in the day searching for them.

At that point I was hugged by a sailor, who obviously liked my style!

Managed to neglect that part in my AAR magnum opus

Death from above! Fire down below!