AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:53 am 

This crisis has caused a lot of navel gazing, and mea culpas regarding complaints and the potential for same due to the behavior of ball players.

It is good that it is so. If this crisis gets resolved, we will return more self aware and appreciative of what we have, and what we could lose, if we misbehave.

Alternatively, this unexpected disruption has brought up each and every situation where things could go wrong, and who's to blame for it among our group. Um, we all are. Even for the things we didn't do or couldn't stop. Get used to that.

What I don't want to see is a situation like this turn people against each other, and, de facto, turn each and every one of us into a tool of policing each and every action that each and every one of us might think will displease potential haters or potentially please inscrutable management,

That's just what they want. Can we do better at policing ourselves? I think so. Will we ever be able to do it to the extent that we will pass the 1% rule in terms of haters/potential management complaints? I think not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAYhNHhxN0A

You'll ending up in a world where you fear your own shadow.

All "we" can do in this situation is hope for the best, be available for Riata residents if they wish to seek advice, and hope that we former Argosy players are considered more of a benefit than a hazard when and if this all blows over.

A former chief of Argosy has spoken

Death from above! Fire down below!