AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: 2014
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:32 pm 

May I point out that our road team was missing quite a bit of firepower and defense: Mikey, Dub, Ford, Pat, Jared, Wescott.

Hell, that's a whole nuther team right there. And a dangerous one to boot.

If the rest of you intend, as I do, to take on the Dallas Sith Lords next year, we should probably bring 2 teams.

The goal, or course : ) would be to play each other in their finals!

Death from above! Fire down below!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:49 pm 

Hey guys! Sorry for the big delay in replying...we (The Make Ready Group) has been incredibly busy on our projects and I have not made time to get you guys out a BIG THANK YOU for coming and playing. The weekend was great success and we have LOTS more to plan for next year. The short message is, we earned a lot of respect with the ilume and they are looking forward to us putting on some competitive games next year! Thanks for being great sports and willing participants as I figure out how to make our game more than what we've made of it for all of these years. Our best days are still ahead of us! Touch base soon. sm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:40 am 

That's the spirit, brother!

You guys were excellent hosts and I hope me and mine will be willing to help out with Spring Training next year.

Death from above! Fire down below!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:22 pm 

You can guarantee it! I can confirm that the permanent pool heater fix has been installed and that the pool is very warm! We are organizing amongst us up hear to play over the Thanksgiving weekend, either Friday or Saturday. I need to find out what my peeps want to do.

The management here was very happy with how things turned out and actually told me that I got more people here than they thought I would. That's a good thing! They want for the pool area to be utilized as well as the fun place during the summer. Thus, we will be putting together a spring training program for here at ilume. I will lay out a schedule for all of next year to see what makes sense for training, scrimmage matches, tournament matches, and regular fun play. Once I have that together, I will seek approval from ilume management as well as their commitment to helping us control the competition play.

Also, I still haven't replaced the broken trophy, but I will. I need to get that and a name plate engraved marking the occasion. I still think that it was the beginning of something that could become incredible over time. Let's see where we can take this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:26 pm 

It's 2:30PM on November 17, 2013 and I'm getting ready to go downstairs and play water volleyball with my friends. I couldn't ask for a better place to live! We'll see you guys again for Spring Training!