AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Quiet before the storm
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:03 am 

Awfully quiet out there, people.

This game is on. Don't forget about it. Because I haven't, and neither has Captain Jethro.

Get ready. That is all.

Death from above! Fire down below!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:01 pm 

That's right! The games are still on! I can report that one of my ball playing buddies spoke directly with the owner regarding the pool heater. It is reported, and I have every reason to trust my source, that the heater WILL be operational and the pool heated before game day. He also told me that the owner has made changes to the pool being installed at the new property acroos the street (ilume Park) so that it is more conducive to ball playing longer than just the summer. I don't know details, but I will get more and share when I know.

Also, I may have waited too long to reserve the ilume hotel rooms for you guys. Do have set accomodations, or are you looking to stay here at the ilume. Their hotel rooms are limited (only a couple) and when I tried to reserve them online, they were already blocked off, but they were like like for several weekends. Thus, I will have to speak with management to know for sure whether they're available, or not.

We are so looking forward to your team's visit and games. I will update again soon.

sm

Last edited by StevenMcFarland on Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:34 pm 

It's the most convenient if we can reserve rooms at the ilume.

One of us will call them soon. Let us know if you find anything else out.

My name's Dan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:06 pm 

I spoke with the ilume management this evening regarding the rooms. The did tell me that the rooms are booked for all weekends for the next 2 months. I will have to see what else I can do for you. Let me contact the Melrose Hotel. It is 1 of 3 historic hotels in Dallas and just 2 blocks from ilume. I will see if I can get a couple of rooms at a discount for you. If I can't I will take a look at other alternatives.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:05 pm 

Spoke with the reservation folks at the Melrose. They are booked for Saturday night as well. I will have to check around the local/closet places to find you guys a place. 10/26 is a BIG weekend in BigD this year!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:29 am 

We'll work it out. Time to put on your big boy pants, pandas. Game on! Having done Burning Man a couple times, I'm not particularly picky. I'll sleep in the corner on the floor with my towel as a blanket and my fight bag as a pillow.

10/26: Another glorious day in the Corps. Every meal a banquet, every paycheck a fortune. Godammit, I love the Corps!

Death from above! Fire down below!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:52 pm 

OK, I think that we may have accomodations inside ilume in the works for you guys. The Style Network leased and furnished 6 corporate apartments for 3 months here at ilume for their show crew to be able to stay where they were filming for a show that got cancelled. I've been told that was about a month ago, but that the units are still furnished and sitting unoccupied. We are going to try to arrange for you guys to stay in those units. However, we do have a back up plan in the works.

There will be vacant units here regardless. Thus, if ilume will allow us to do so, I can have my crew(s) clean up a unit and have it ready for you guys. We would just need to cure the bed issues either through air mattresses or something we could rent and have brought in for the weekend. Thus, I am going to simply say, "Don't worry about the accomodations. I will do what is necessary, including taking one for the team, in order to make sure you guys stay on property and have no need to drive while you're here." (there are a couple of hilareous jokes in that last sentence)

Are you planning on arriving Saturday morning, or Friday evening? About what time? What else can we do to help make your trip go smoothly?

Everybody around here is getting excited. We are looking forward to game day!

sm

Last edited by StevenMcFarland on Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:55 pm 

I am not complaining since I will be in London during this time, well, yes I am. This is going to be epic, and I have to miss it. Enjoy, Pandas, and enjoy Pandas.