AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:37 am 

Steve,

Now that the event is set, I got people coming out of the woodwork as definite maybes, for Saturday/Sunday. Which is good, and bodes well for future competitions.

Don't want to add to your craziness, so I stick with what I know. The 4 we spoke of travel in one vehicle. In addition, I have a youngling traveling solo on his rice rocket. Rather than hassle with extra parking for his bike we can try to coordinate arrival times and pack him in the deathmobile.

You got it right in that ball is what we do. I am pleased and proud that those on my team share my obsession, and have fought with me week in, and week out, for many years:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdDdHMwhU2s

Because it's the most fun in the sun you can have with a beer in your hand and your short pants on.

And, whichever way it goes on the court, I expect we will have lots to talk about. I sense a potential here to make a dream that is shared take off. And, to think, they called me mad at the university!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoVCO6vOTD4

Death from above! Fire down below!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:24 pm 

We have reserved rooms at La Quinta, 2 miles from the ilume.

We have 2 rooms. Each room sleeps 4.

2 x 4 = 8

Right now we have 5 confirmed players.

Chief, Dan, Jess, Scott, Dave

My name's Dan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:27 pm 

Awesome, guys!

Update: The bad news is that the replacement heater for the pool will NOT be in for another 10 days. :( The good news is that the management installed a temporary valve to shift the heater from the heating the hot tub to heat the pool. As of sometime early afternoon today, the pool is being heated! :)

I knew that the heater was in when we spoke on Monday, and I have sat quietly watching from my unit (the pool equipment room is directly below my unit). I knew that they were working, so I waited until I saw them lock up and leave, then waited a little while before stopping into the office. The Community Director came out of his office when he realized I was in the lobby asking Bryan about the status of the pool heater. They were very proud to have installed the temporary fix in order for us to have our games. Plus, the ilume pre-block party will be in the pool area between 6-9PM. You are all welcome to attend...free drinks for you guys, too. I LOVE this place!

I secured as many parking passes as you guys need, so don't worry about parking. I may even move my truck to street parking Saturday morning so that I can have an extra space no matter what. Bryan told me that I don't need to worry about it, but I may just in case.

Get on Nowell to bring his posse!!! I am also going to invite a lot of my other ball playing friends. I know more than 50 ball players that I have met over the 17 years that I have played. Everybody is welcome to attend.

So, it looks like our advance planning is paying off. I am now only concerned about weather. The forecast that I saw today called for rain. However, I can tell you that if there is no lightning, my boyz will play! Plus, the percentage wasn't that great enough to make me think of calling it off. The forecast for Sunday is mostly sunny. So, we are go for some great games, which I have been looking forward to since I discovered you guys. I found you when I was searching for an organized water volleyball league that I could sign up to play on a team...and looks what's happening!

Bring your "A" Game on Saturday.

sm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:31 pm 

Cool man. We are also rain ballers. We've planned shit before and come up short. Not this time, buddy. Sons of Argosy Austin Original VC is coming in for the parley.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:42 pm 

Game on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1jqEWVxRUo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:40 pm 

I checked the water temp a little while ago. It is already up to a playable temperature. Current weather forecast calls for Saturday's high to be 74 with Few Showers (30% chance of rain). Sunday's high looks to be 71 with it being mostly cloudy (20% chance of rain).

We now have less than 48 hours before game time!

See you boys on Saturday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:31 pm 

That's good that the heater is working.

Hopefully it won't rain too much, but we'll just have to deal with it.

My name's Dan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:32 pm 
Site Admin

<object width="640" height="480"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/a-WGmgRSxRc?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/a-WGmgRSxRc?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:30 pm 

We're ready. Just finalizing the roster. 5 confirmed. We will bring as many as we are able.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:19 pm 

It's nice weather today. Wish it would stay like this all weekend.

I'll call the government and see if they can use their weather machine to push the rain away from Dallas. :whistling:

My name's Dan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:38 pm 

OK guys! It's that time. We're the best planned we can be for the match. The pool is incredibly warm! Dwayne and I were knocking the ball around this evening and the water was nice!

For tomorrow, DJ Stevie Ray will be playing music from 2-6PM and we'll get free frozen margaritas during that timeframe. I know that Steve Wilson will be helping to organize food and beer for you guys once you've arrived. Regardless, the Kroger is across the street and easy for any last minute needs.

We're looking forward to tomorrow's games with you guys. Please be safe on your journey here.

sm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:08 pm 

Your hospitality is appreciated. Strength and honor.