AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Fun while it lasted
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 10:13 am 

They called me at work and shut us down. Double secret probation--no longer two guests per resident--residents only. That's a tough one to work with.

Learn to love the Riata

That is all

Death from above! Fire down below!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 10:33 am 

I am glad I came over last night and got 3 hours of good ball in!!!

Superstar should have stayed and braved the 85 degree temps and mostly cloudy weather to beat on the gorgeous sets I was throwing up last night!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 12:48 pm 

Have some news on the Riata front as well...As everyone knows there are quite a few buoys, shorties, and wild indians that invade the pool when people get out between games...You would think we would have learned this after 4 f'n years, but no, we have many slow learning Pandas w/ many physical addicitions that have to be tended to it seems between every game! :-p

Good news so far is the new security guard seems like he is going to be very lax...Hopefully, he will work most of the wknds and not the real cops that we have had to befriend in years past...

Last wknd a new calling next procedure seemed to sprout that actually might help our cause for good games...On Monday they did the tie up shirts on the pole for next games...Its what the sanders do on the sand courts to determine who is up and so on...

We should be fine there this summer guestwise even if security standards change...I now live there along w/ Crawfish, Will, TJ, Carson, Edub, his roommmate Nick, Ford & Tex (for the time being...make sure you dont turn in your Riata ID when yall move out like Jarrett and John did), a few straggler players, and some residents that seemed very interested and enthusiastic all last wknd...

Maybe, Obstacle Nazis will change their tone again when they realize nobody will be using the pool if the Panda Corp is not out there, and the infidels that do use it will bring glass, be louder later at night, and not clean up after themselves...Then again ignorance is bliss and stupidity blinding, so hopefully this does not apply for long...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 12:53 pm 

What was the reason they gave Chief?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 1:02 pm 

The line I got went very much like this--"We're not going to let one person take over and turn it over to his friends that don't live here" Gee, I wonder who they could be referring to?

I've been told they will be putting up a new sign and will have the live in cop come around and check IDs. But somehow, I expect enforcement will be limited to a few all too familiar mugs.

I doubt Nick and Marty will run into any problems if they want to bring friends out and play, or any body else in the complex, or any hobos off the street, for that matter.

We unlearned past lessons--if you play ball every day for a week, people get pissed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 1:03 pm 

Reason was the terrible noise. 1 hater left early because it's loud.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 1:34 pm 

fuck that, i'm balling today, they can arrest if they want but i'll sue them for the damage caused to my foot by their drain :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 1:41 pm 

What about the dude that was mooning people and throwing full beers wildly around the pool that almost hit one of us? Madness!!! :evil:
I bet his dumb ass will be back with his friends.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 1:57 pm 

shit where we live motherfuckers are loud until ten, really loud. it's a freaking pool, it's supposed to be loud. what a bunch of haters :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 1:58 pm 

yeah someone complain about that and the hobo's grazing at the pool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 2:28 pm 

This is obviously not good.

I knew we were always one small random event away. But I do think it won't last. We will just have to chill out and let it sit for a while.

Shame they aren't listening to rational thought here. We weren't the loud ones and we weren't throwing beer bottles into the pool.

Sigh.

I wanted to fight tonight. Oh well. I am pretty sure its all BS with the cops and IDs.

Hey, can you sue if they don't let you have peeps, but they let other residents have guests? Maybe we can set them up for a trap!

:(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 2:40 pm 

How about David Komie buys the Argosy and our troubles are over.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 2:43 pm 

I think my favorite one was from a year or so back, when they were busy chewing out Nick & Spoons for their choice of friends and activities, while some drunken neighborhood gothtard projectile vomited over the railing--nothing to see here!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 3:08 pm 

So, we are playing tonight....Right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 3:22 pm 

:cry:

i have nothing else to do on the weekends :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 3:38 pm 

It will blow over. Just got to give it up for a bit.

Sure wanted to fight tonight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 3:55 pm 

No ball until this gets sorted out. Julio, my upstairs neighbor, went in to chat with management today--so give him props.

They went back and forth for quite a while, and, by defending what we do out there, he was able to discover what I always guessed, and why I never do anything except say "ok"

It's not so much that playing watervolleyball is a crime, it's that playing good, competitive watervolleyball is a crime, because it's "intimidating," and when you play a lot, it's like you've "taken over." In a nutshell, because we're organized and good at what we do, me, and the rest of you non-resident regulars, are a bunch of mean drunken bullies. We've seen the same sort of reactions at the Riata as well.

Rather than the parking, or the noise, or the cursing, or the numbers, all of which we have been slacking on watching out for of late, this is the real problem. The fact that their perception does not meet reality is of very little concern to them. The fact that they're going to continue to have problems whether we play or not is not the point, either. They just don't like us much, because we threaten their authority.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 4:03 pm 

Well said Chief...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 4:05 pm 

Well then the angle should be thought out a bit more on how we re-approach the situation with them. We took their playing cards away by actually obeying their rules.

:?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 4:31 pm 

Has marty talked to them yet?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 4:32 pm 

so people hate us cause we good at what we do? they are just a bunch of haters who can't stand to see people have a good time, people are always down there bbqing drinking yelling and cussing, but since we are good strong tall good looking hung we are the bad ones, what if a bunch of metally changelled people were doing the same thing, would they pick on them

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 4:36 pm 

How are they going to check ID's when they never issued them?

If they mean Driver's License, then what if the address isn't at the Argosy. When I lived at the Argosy, I was still claiming my Houston address at my parents house. Do you think the cop is going to want to walk to each individual's apartment and check their personal copy of the lease to match the name on a driver's license?

Glitterbug, how clean boys get dirty!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 4:44 pm 

I will only ball at Riata if there are at least 12 GOOD players

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 4:54 pm 

Chief wrote:
It's not so much that playing watervolleyball is a crime, it's that playing good, competitive watervolleyball is a crime, because it's "intimidating," and when you play a lot, it's like you've "taken over."

Pretty wimpy if people are intimidated by competitive water volleyball playing. Do they want the VB pool to be used by a bunch of silent thumbless retards?

And I don't see other residents showing much of an interest to play volleyball at all, so it doesn't seem like we've taken over that pool from anybody. And I have noticed that some people enjoy watching us play.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 5:12 pm 

Chief, I think it is time to resort to old plan B. Let the court stay silent for one or two weekends. Then hold a clinic.

Put up flyers prior the weekend of the clinic saying:

Free watervolleyball lessons for Argosy residents only by Dr. Nibbe (15 years of experience)
Learn how to field the ball, set the ball, and spike the ball.
All playing levels welcome.

And do it on a Saturday so that they can see you trying to reach out to the community. Have Spoons, Nick, Marty, Julio around so that at least a game can be played with whoever shows up.

Glitterbug, how clean boys get dirty!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 5:53 pm 

Exactly--it worked before. This presents something of a united front, and also shows we're trying to get other people interested. More of them might play if we threatened them with Tasers, but I think that might be counter productive.

It's not like watervolleyball has ever had a mass following at the Argosy--it's always been around 4-5 residents and their friends. But by putting up flyers again we can say we tried.

I expect that their rather illogical piece of logic when, in our absence, there's an empty pool, is that the residents are exercising their right NOT to use the facilities, and should not have that right infringed upon by other people actually using them. After all, what if one of them changed their mind one day out of the whole summer and decided to go out, but then saw some one out there and felt intimidated?

If they were cracking down on everyone the same way that would be one thing, but since we're both identifiable and ubiquitous, I'm pretty sure we are the only target of this crackdown.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 5:57 pm 

I'm getting mad. :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 8:11 am 

i don't get it... if you go to aussie and get beat down you have to wait your turn, if you go to a public park and get beat down you have to wait your turn, raita is the same way... so some fat bitch who can't control her life much less her diet and is a fucking loser has nothing better than to bitch about the horrible water volley players...WHAT A FUCKING LOSER!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 10:48 am 

Our loss is apparently the Indians' gain. More than 10 of them (2 of them live here) were out doing the BBQ thing loud enough that I could hear them around 9, then they decided to have some fun playing watervolleyball in the pool until after 1am

Clearly this is my fault

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 11:03 am 

I smell a conspiracy. :evil: