AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Open letter to Vet Squad
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:58 pm 

The current champion vet killer team has informed me that before we get a rematch, we have to do battle with the youngbloods--Ford Will Scott Wescott

These players are hungry and feel they deserve a shot at the title of Obstacle Kings as much if not more than we do.

I've been asked to convey the information that we're expected to fight for the right to a rematch.

Any rematch will not be legal under current Argosy law since we lack the requisite number of residents to support such a Panda gathering (where's John Yoo when you need him?). This presents some organizational difficulties.

As does getting 4 vets in the pool at the same time these days. And I advise against just showing up at the start of the regular season expecting to immediately dominate. I consider myself one of the best in the league when it comes to not losing a step when it's time to get back in the water (probably because I'm mostly made of water, Mandrake...), but it takes some trigger time, especially for those who didn't play a lot last season.

Either we ride to victory or get used to riding the bench.

Strength and Honor,

Death from above! Fire down below!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:38 pm 

arent yall already used to riding the bench, especially after last seasons lack of participation...booyeh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:08 am 

listen here fat fuck, my retired. i already explained that i don't need to play in a shitty ass league where jess is the mvp, you are point(you played about as much as i did last year). so chief i don't know what to tell you, you never know when someone or group will open a league of their own. :goodman:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:26 pm 

Uh oooohhh. Do I smell mutiny. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:24 pm 

Does this mean that Jimback is off the Vet Squad? If so, who is his replacement in the top four? How many times has Jimback threatened to retire anyway? If a Jimback falls in the forest (retires) and no one hears it, does it make a sound (or a wave in the Obstacle)?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:52 pm 

Deto or Patty Pants?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:30 pm 

laughable lineup...deto and chief holding down the front row..."pass me the sailor jerry"...i think we almost blocked a shot..."pass me some more jerry"...i think i almost thought about doing a side pass in the back row..."more sailor"...wow, did you see how they passed to the back row for a slam..."sailors empty"...i cant see anymore anyway...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:40 pm 

Sheriff wrote:
Does this mean that Jimback is off the Vet Squad? If so, who is his replacement in the top four? How many times has Jimback threatened to retire anyway? If a Jimback falls in the forest (retires) and no one hears it, does it make a sound (or a wave in the Obstacle)?

wescunt what team are you on? the regulars B team. Wescott i love you baby boy... nevermind i'll be nice. btw deto is not a the vets... he has a fours team made scott,will,ford. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:00 pm 

Jim Back can't retire. I love him.

--------------------------------------------------------
"If rubbin' frozen dirt in your crotch is wrong...hey, i don't wanna be right."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:33 pm 

I find it odd that the point guard of the year isn't on any team I saw listed. I wonder maybe if the said point guard would put a large object in his mouth before each game ...................hmmmmmmmm, probably not. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:23 am 

In response to Deto I thought the same thing until I realized and contemplated the planners of each team...To be rational and analytical let me educate...

Wescott's team is "his" team that "he" created that has actually never played together or officially formed...No offense there taken what so ever...Westcott and me are very similar players when it comes to several aspects of the game and especially height...He is much better spiker and better server especially when on...pretty even defensively...I am better setter, more consistent server, and more level headed...Basically, Westcott and me on the same team is like having two Iversons on same team (best analogy I think this group can understand)...Ford brings good slams and great net defense, but not overall strategy, passing, and serving...Will brings hustle and great net defense...A sober Scott is the key to the team…Best overall player by far on this suggested team except for serving…

As to Vet Killers I happen to know that team is actually a 3 man team…Jess, T2, Creepy, and one other that has yet to be determined…OJ was 4th last year for the one match…I know that Scott has been secretly being recruited for that team to be the 4th…what a dilemma for games that will probably never happen because of current Obstacle lockdown…To add to the daily AWVP soup…I for one also know that Scott, OJ, Crawfish, and I talked about being a team last year…Slammer, scoring pt guard, true point guard, and all around dynamo…that is a team fellas…Also, Ford came to me to put a team together last season…It seems the key to all these teams is Scott and OJ…Good thing Scott and I are pretty much a package deal…

And one other point Deto…I by no means think I am the reason my teams win and have never said that in all the lip I do spout, however I will say that w/ a little talent, consistent servers, and one slammer I will put up my overall team winning percentage up against anyone’s that plays regularly because I know I rarely go home saying to myself, wow I was on more losing than winning teams today…In fact, just go thru the last 2 seasons AARs for proof…

As to the Pt of the Year jibe here are some more facts…Jess is probably best passer out of everyone, but Pt award cant go to player that is putting ball across the net 90% of hits and that usually gets 3rd hit by teams choice…Crawfish and I are pretty much on the same level and is the only other person I would have accepted winning the award w/o a fit…Where I edge him as we all know is staying coherent for a full day of games and I do get sleep…As to Chief and the almost tie that his vote broke in a way if you want to look at it that way…the game has just evolved…I am not saying he didn’t have his time in the sun and still has his moments especially serving, but there are new passing strategies that the so called vets just haven’t caught on to…Examples of these are the backwards pass to back row when you are in trouble going for a backwards save; high back pass from front row to back row when you have a) long pool like the Riata or b)big hitters like OJ, Jess, Mikey, and Scott in the back; and back row side pass to other back row player when a good server is across from the net allowing for more control of 1st hit to give 2nd hitter a better chance of giving a good set to whoever is best hitter at net or back to the best hitter in back row…I do not like explaining these trade secrets that many of us figured out on our own, but I think it will help gameplay overall and that is what a good pt guard does…improve the games…

Ahh, Danielson the lessons are over for now…

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:30 pm 

Can me writing one sentence really make you get that defensive?? For someone who dishes it out so much............??? Get some body armor and maybe then we can talk. :roll:
Oh wait, you do have body armor. My bad. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:58 pm 

its the journalist major in me...i like to write in length...best way to explain things...

you can get more at www.sportsconundrum.com that ought to give you lots more to make fun of...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:05 pm 

It's all in good fun baby. I'll see yo ass on Saturday or Naturday. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:37 pm 

5 Tool Playa wrote:
As to Vet Killers I happen to know that team is actually a 3 man team…Jess, T2, Creepy, and one other that has yet to be determined…OJ was 4th last year for the one match…I know that Scott has been secretly being recruited for that team to be the 4th…

Is this true? I'm saddened.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:39 pm 

Lard Guard is on the outside peeking in, has no clue of anything true :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:42 pm 

"Ford brings good slams and great net defense, but not overall strategy, passing, and serving.."

This is coming from someone who has told me that he has blocked me less than anyone else and who has given me several compliments on overall game and winning percentage?

im just gonna have to let my game speak

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:43 pm 

Either way, that squad is the Vet Killers squad. One match or fifty matches...that's the squad that beat the vets. If there's a new team made, then they can't be called the killer of anything until they prove themselves.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:04 pm 

O.k. You want teams bitches??? I got yo fuckin team!!!
1. Me
2. Doc
3. Julia{That new girl cuz she's hot.}
4. JIM BACk{Only in a pink speedo and pink sunglasses!!}
So what's up now bitch??? Who wants some. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:59 am 

Julia is obviously the star of that team

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:51 am 

5 Tool Playa wrote:
As to Vet Killers I happen to know that team is actually a 3 man team…Jess, T2, Creepy, and one other that has yet to be determined…OJ was 4th last year for the one match…I know that Scott has been secretly being recruited for that team to be the 4th…

LJ is a disinfo agent. He has infiltrated our organization and is attempting to divide us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:29 pm 

all true...all true...i dont do your pipedream conspiracy crapola...the problem peoply have w/ my views is only the accuracy...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:32 pm 

Is this that new Soap Opera, "As the Water Volleyball Turns"?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:20 pm 

OJ, you're a genius! We need to start a TV show with that title.

That way there we'll have a studio built with a watervolleyball court to specs. Everyone has fun. Cameras will be rolling. Everyone has video to watch over and over again. The only thing we have to do besides pitch it to executives, is create drama. Which doesn't seem to be a problem for us.

Glitterbug, how clean boys get dirty!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:30 pm 

Speaking of fun, Crawfish should have some new gamefilm soon. He just lets the camera run while the game's afoot. I'm especially looking forward to random volleyballs flying past the camera.

Death from above! Fire down below!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:56 pm 

He just lets the camera run while random balls fly past??? Hhmmm. I see. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:35 pm 

Maybe we can see when I broke my finger.