All times are UTC - 5 hours

What is the motto of this season?
Rise of the Grizzlies 44%  44%  [ 4 ]
Return of the Vets 44%  44%  [ 4 ]
The Year Jimback Actually Retires 11%  11%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 9
 Post subject: 2008 Storylines
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:29 pm 

After a somewhat disastrous 2007 season that saw the continued fall and absence of the so-called Vet Squad, the rise to prominence of the Vet Killers, the Fall of La Mirage by resident revolt, the creation of a new Obstacle, prickly Office Monkeys, and numerous other storylines, it's time to consider the 2008 season. If last year was Fall of the Argoys/Fall of Chief '07, as Jess termed it, what will the motto of this season be? Vote in the poll below. Note: I do not have the authority to make an official motto, these are just suggestions. Chime in with your own opinions if you wish.

Storylines for 2008-
Rise of a new squad-There has been some talk of a new team springing to life this season as several young players seek to make a name for themselves, but lack an opportunity to make a true impact of alternates on the Vet Killers squad. I propose a team of myself, Scotty, Ford, and Will. Could this squad take down the Vets or the Vet Killers. Stay tuned, folks.
Return of the Argosy-This storyline could take some time to be written. At the end of the season which shall never be spoken of again, Office Monkeys did not seem amenable to any Panda presence at the pool, which is not for fun or for anyone to use. There has been some talk-as there has been for a while-of a resident campaign to bring in new players. One of the more difficult aspects of this will be getting competitive Pandas to welcome new players and not bitch if the games suck (this has been hard for me in the past). Of course, New Blood is the lifeline of Panda Corp and must be replenished over time as Old Blood is drained from the game by life circumstances. Otherwise, play will be constrained to evenings when the Office Monkeys aren't around and will require good behavior on the part of Pandas concerned.
The rise or continued fall of the Vets-This could be a defining year for the Vet Squad. Will they continue to fade into obscurity, old age, and excessive unsafety use? Or will they rise to regain their prominence in the game as they fiercely battle back against the usurping Vet Killers? Early word from Navy is that he was married yesterday (congrats Sailor Man) and will play this season. Indications from Pat seemed to be that his travel would not take him out of the country so much. Will Mikey venture into the Holy Waters in moments when the stars are not aligned and the sun hides behind clouds? Will Chief continue sleepless nights into drunken mornings and another run at Drunkest Panda. Only the Vets can answer these questions, and the call on their Pandahood.
On the question of Jungleball-A growing consensus among Panda Corp seems to indicate a desire for less Jungleball this season. Injuries occurred last year, as they generally do, but discussions of going to Fort Smith, where they don't allow it at all, has brought the discussion to the forefront. I'm of the opinion that it would be difficult to impossible to legislate on touching of the net out of the game, it is just too much of a part of how we play. Instead, it might be better to make it a point of emphasis this season, like they do on certain calls in the NBA from year-to-year, like palming the ball for instance. Perhaps each Panda could simply be more cognizant about egregious instances.
On dead soldiers-Many brave Natty Lights have fought the good fight at pools around this great city of Austin. Nearly universally, they have lost their fight and succumbed to consumption. However, the careless discarding of their lifeless bodies seems an act of disrespect to their proud service. Instead, Pandas, let us conduct their corpses to the nearest receptacle after battles, affording these dead soldiers the honor and respect their deserve for giving the only thing which they could to the cause-their very lives.
Fall of the Wildboys-Allayed were some of these concerns with an early appearance by T2 on the first frigid playday of the season March 1. However, questions linger after few appearances late in the season and concerns of capture on the high seas by a certain notorious Pirate. Shall the Wildboys fall, as did Chief and the Argosy in the season which shall not be spoken of, or will they continue to ride the cresting wave of the Vet Killers as they crash onto the beaches of Notoriety and Everlasting Glory?

Certainly, these storylines cover not all of glorious and righteous Panda Corp. What are your favorite storylines for the season that is about to be?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:09 pm 

Story line: More drugs fucktards. We built this city on dope and booze. Ya’ll are welcome. Respect.

Navy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:34 am 

Yeah. 8)
Hell yeah. :)
:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aso-nd9UzGk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:38 pm 

HERE'S YOUR STORYLINE BISH, JIM BACK RETIRES ONLY TO COME BACK TO WIN THE MVP FOR 08. LET ME TELL YOU LITTLE COCKSUCKERS SOMETHING. LET ME GET A SQUAD OF VETS TOGETHER AND YA'LL BRING YOUR vet killer team AND YOU WILL LOSE AND LOSE BAD. YOU KNOW IT. SO BRING IT :snakeman:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:42 pm 

Deto wrote:

WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT? I THINK YOU HAVE BEEN WATCHN TO MUCH TV ON SUNDAY MORNING AT 6A. YOU KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:18 am 

Actually, I'm not sure what that was. I just wanted to see what it was like to agree with Navy one time. I was just helping Navy. He needs help. No one can be angry at me for helping.
He was right though. We did build this city on drugs. All Pandas do drugs.
What he was trying to say is that he helped build the Argosy Empire. I think he is correct in some ways. He also helped in stopping Argosy management from killing us. I think maybe all I was trying to say with that post is that I can see what Navy was trying to say. If you can't see what Navy was saying, then I suppose you are ignorant to reality. Next time I will expect you, "JIM Back" to explain your posts to me.......................BITCH!!!!! :wink:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEOkxRLzBf0