Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Banned
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:54 pm 

I've been given two choices by the Argosy overlords:

They take down the apparatus

Or residents only play

Oddly enough, they're kind of the same as things stand. I have been offered the option to attempt to recruit residents, but am not supposed to play any more ball until they're done reading me the riot act.

Looks like there's going to be a lot less watervolleyball next year.

Death from above! Fire down below!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:34 pm 

Looks like its time to move.

Navy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:06 am 

6 month off-season should help...maybe there will be some office turnover...

Between the new relations at Riata and trying to stick to Sundays at the Obstacle next season should be fine...time should heal things much...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:09 pm 

I don't get what the big fucking deal is. Did they talk to you on Monday after we played this weekend? Are they saying that you can't even have 2 guests play with you anymore? Who the fuck are these snicker dick fucking wanna lube a pussy but can't get none fag fuckwads? No one even uses the fucking pool...especially the water volleyball pool. Those nut busters need to have a sit down and have some sense talked into them. It's all just a fucking power trip now. Fucking fuck. Fuck.

--------------------------------------------------------
"If rubbin' frozen dirt in your crotch is wrong...hey, i don't wanna be right."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:33 pm 

The Jesus of Orange wrote:
I don't get what the big fucking deal is. Did they talk to you on Monday after we played this weekend? Are they saying that you can't even have 2 guests play with you anymore? Who the fuck are these snicker dick fucking wanna lube a pussy but can't get none fag fuckwads? No one even uses the fucking pool...especially the water volleyball pool. Those nut busters need to have a sit down and have some sense talked into them. It's all just a fucking power trip now. Fucking fuck. Fuck.

navy, you should go talk to them

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:28 pm 

To err is human, to forgive divine. So that's why I guess we're not seeing a lot of forgiveness from the office, because I think things have really improved in terms of noise and boobery from the last couple of years.

I'm going to be writing a letter over a couple of drinks tonight in preparation for a "meeting" I'll propose I do Saturday. Look for that tomorrow and be prepared to comment.

In the mean time...

Our side erred on the side of hubris--not unexpected when you get to do exactly as you please for 12 of the last 15 years.

The other side now errs on the side of extreme caution and a demand that rules are rules no matter what the consequences.

They keep suggesting this vague notion of "It's not fair to the residents" that we play. I'm not sure what this means, but I think I can guess...

They try to hint that there would be all sorts of residents playing ball and frolicking at the pools if it wasn't for my mean gang of non-residents that make it unfun for everyone else. I'm not buying it.

Instead, the pool area being for "the enjoyment of the residents" has a subtle caveat--what it REALLY means is that residents have the right NOT to enjoy it, both by not going out to the pool and by complaining on those that do go out and try to have fun. These are the residents whose enjoyment is being threatened by what we do, and their opinion isn't going to change, whether it's residents or non-residents out there trying to play ball.

At least they're willing to let me try to recruit, using signs & such.

But what is supposed to happen if not enough residents show up to play? No ball, predictably, will be the answer. And how does that motivate the ones that do show up to keep showing up? And, personally, am I really expected to sit down by the pool weekends from 3 to 5 waiting for a recruiting class that never comes? How many years will this need to go on?

What am I supposed to tell people who bring their friends/significant others? I'm betting that strict rules wil drive some residents away and motivate other residents to rebel.

Front office has really over romanticized this notion of the "all-Argosy team" that existed back in the day. It did, 15 YEARS AGO, for all I know, but these were the guys who told me for a whole year after I moved in that I was too small and not good enough to come out to the court.

They were also the ones that trashed the place so often that they had a reputation that caused the cops to come out poolside EVERY WEEKEND the second year I played after most of the "dream team" had moved out.

I think the rest of the former resident vets can attest that, for the last 8 years at least, there's been no such thing as an entirely Argosy team.

I'm afraid that "residents only" ball is exactly the same thing as no ball at all, but I'll do what I can at this "meeting" and in 08 to see how recruiting works.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:47 pm 

What the Fuck is going on here. I have not been keeping up with what is up here, but it all sounds very fucked up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:29 am 

Lets go fight with your long lost bro in arkansas :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:41 am 

Welcome back to reality Crawfish...was your trip glorious?

Chief, I think you should postpone the "save the fun sit in" meeting until the newness of the renovations wears off...Right now they are viewing it as a pristine environment...like I have mentioned before, it is similar to when old people put plastic covers or sheets over new couches and furniture… Give it a few months and things I believe will go back to almost normal by next season...

From my exp w/ apt personnel you are not dealing w/ the most intelligent, schooled, or rational mammals and approaching them from this angle is very scary to the primitive primates. However, one of the few powers in their pathetic lives is the power of “NO”. It is very like the demented powers that cops feel. They get off to it because of lack of job and personal satisfaction. If we give it a few months before re-approaching the situation the firm backbone will have softened some…

I believe this sums up apt personnel- Melvin Udall: "I think of a man, and I take away reason and accountability."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:23 pm 

Toolbox has a very good point here. Everyone needs 6 months sometimes, aka FU (Friedman Unit). And it's not like I'm chomping at the bit to have a sit down with cretins who want to tell how much I suck. Hell, I get to do that all the time during the regular season!

However, they did ask me to meet with them, "before you go out there again." That does leave me some wiggle room.

In the mean time, I think I'll fax them a very positive and chipper fax thanking(!) management for their interest in watervolleyball and for allowing me to recruit in 2008. Page 2 will be the AWVP logo, renamed "Argosy Water Volleyball Players." I'll leave the particulars negotiable, while reminding them that there will probably have to be certain age restrictions (no kids with water wings), and this will need to occur on a regular schedule, like 1 late weekday for the working stiffs, and one weekend day from 3 to ? and it has to happen every week from May to ? or residents won't show up, which is, after all, what they claim they want.

Dig it. Two can play the Janus faced game. Whatever terms I agree to won't matter if I get to put AWVP recruiting posters poolside, on every mailbox, and in every laundry room in the Argosy. Because management has neither the time nor the inclination to monitor the proceedings at the Obstacle--that's my job. They think I'll be joining them when actually they just gave me a badge and made me legal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:53 pm 

You may want to ponder placing the URL on your posters 'n shit.

I've been wonderinig if someone in the office learnd to use the internet and is now tracking our conversations regarding the office and use of the pool. If so, they may be quite upset about our anti office rantings.

Something to think about...
Navy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:00 pm 

This URL will not be shared with office types or fellow travelers. I'll just put my # on the flyers (since I doubt they really want to field any more calls about ball) and start an email account: argosyball@yahoo.com. They can watch that G-rated movie to their heart's content.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:03 pm 

Don't forget when you talk to them, to remind them that you are doing your best to keep out all of the gays and hispanics and african americans and asians and whites and space aliens...
but especially the damn Gays.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:11 pm 

it's kinda of like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV4cgs-bPic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:18 pm 

Its dead is. They have officially crossed the realm of sanity. I think years of having no clue about Chief and the AWVP has worn on their fragile revenge filled minds and now its viewed as a personal struggle and any attempt at reason will be met with republican like goofiness.

Let it rest. The Obstacle will have to become a place for secret twos and random Chief baptisms.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:36 pm 

Greg Peppers wrote:

I like those matching warrior vests.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:41 pm 

Can you dig it??!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:13 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:14 pm 

What if we make fake resident ID cards? Will that work?

Navy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:36 pm 

sailor, please :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:33 pm 

Jim Back, you have a banana at 5 O'Clock sir.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:35 pm 

that's where i like them? :butthead:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:46 am 

I thought you liked them at 6 o'clock??????

Navy